Rescue ducklings (Niacin/riboflavin deficiency)

By the way, thought I would show you guys a boot I made for the Cayugas in case they did have a bumble...it is a prototype and my Clover quickly shook it off her foot...but I meant well haha...
IMG_0268[1].JPG

Give her a few days or longer but you want to try soon.

I know how can anyone be so cruel yes cruel is how I see it to something so tiny and precious. They have a good loving home now we're all pulling for you and them. :hugs

Cruel is absolutely how I would put it too. Especially since this is SO easily preventable it seems...I will love them! I am tracking their progress and trying to update too, so I will do my best to update on here as well :love

You know, I was wondering about that. My friend told me they were about 3.5 weeks old when he got them, and that was 5 days ago but today I was trying to remember what my ducks looked like at that age and I felt like they were bigger/a little more goony looking (if that makes sense?) haha. If they are younger, that would be a good thing because I feel like they will have a better chance of growing out of this...
Yes I would say they are 2 weeks old. 3 at the most, but I don’t think so. And yes I think it’s a good thing they are younger than 4 weeks too. Much better outlook! Hopefully after all their pampering, you won’t be able to tell anything was wrong with them!

Do you have any feed stores near you? I bought this from Walmart in the vitamin section. I think it was $6. But might be small for the number of ducks you have.
F82A08C0-6630-4D80-9B1B-1866C4B05E98.jpeg
EA0A84E3-939C-4F1D-99E2-7113C0C52733.jpeg

And this one from TSC
AA917F5A-E4F2-4361-BE85-E7B58046125A.jpeg
4D0D592E-134E-4823-BC63-AAB5C0C99ABC.jpeg

Not that there is anything wrong with what you ordered. Just trying to give you options since you hinted your choices of stores were limited where you live!

Cruel is absolutely how I would put it too. Especially since this is SO easily preventable it seems...I will love them! I am tracking their progress and trying to update too, so I will do my best to update on here as well :love
Thank you!! I was going to ask if you would be interested in updating. That way other BYCers would be able to see it in the future. Or someone googling it for that matter.:highfive:

I had a duckling last year that had curled up feet and I made her little shoes to wear for 3 days made out of card and plasters, she is now a year old and you would never know to look at her now that she ever had a problem also I was told the earlier they are treated the better the results.the pictures below are her with her shoes on and then her after.
IMAG0611.jpg
IMAG0616.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0887.jpg
    IMAG0887.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 10
The card I used was an old birthday card and I drew around the outside of the ducklings foot and then cut the shape out of the card and plasters I think they are also called band aid they are what I put on my kids if they fall and cut them selves. I put the soft pad bit on the top of the ducks foot then put the sticky part around the side and on to the bottom of the card under the foot to hold it in place I hope this makes sense to you.

Yes I would say they are 2 weeks old. 3 at the most, but I don’t think so. And yes I think it’s a good thing they are younger than 4 weeks too. Much better outlook! Hopefully after all their pampering, you won’t be able to tell anything was wrong with them!

Do you have any feed stores near you? I bought this from Walmart in the vitamin section. I think it was $6. But might be small for the number of ducks you have.
View attachment 1304366 View attachment 1304367

And this one from TSCView attachment 1304368View attachment 1304369

Not that there is anything wrong with what you ordered. Just trying to give you options since you hinted your choices of stores were limited where you live!

That is great, thank you! I have a TSC an hour from me that I go to for some things when I am there, so I will probably stock up on supplies next time I go- but for now the vitamins I got should arrive by noon today and it's a HUGE bottle, so it'll last a while (truthfully I'll probably have to end up taking them too before they expire lol).

Back
Top Bottom