Rescue Rooster with large cyst above eye

Justine Jones

In the Brooder
Nov 25, 2022
I have a frizzle rescue rooster handed to me 12 mths ago almost dead from an adult rooster attack.. he has a cyst on his eye vet prescribed him antibiotics and anti inflammatory medication.. $200 all up .. the cyst is still there 2 weeks later The vet mentioned surgery but I haven’t been back .. I imagine it will be very costly and risky for surgery .. can anyone offer advice .. his breath doesn’t smell he’s still eating and free ranging with his 3 large best friend hens Sophia, Dorothy & Edwina .. I’ve read other posts where cysts have been successfully removed .. we love our little Rocket but I don’t like to see him suffering.. can he live with it ? Thank you

Attachments

• 7AA1D59D-9D6E-4C9B-B7EF-A8ACFFC0C0C9.png
    7AA1D59D-9D6E-4C9B-B7EF-A8ACFFC0C0C9.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
  • 26221F80-9798-46E4-BF60-3A9D64CD0BA8.jpeg
    26221F80-9798-46E4-BF60-3A9D64CD0BA8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
I would try to remove any pus from the eye, and the video below shows how to do that. Then clean and flush the eye with saline, and apply some Terramycin eye ointment or plain Triple Antibiotic to the eye twice a day.

Most videos that I have seen, press it out from the swollen area toward the eye. Did you see the video above? Here is another:

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply .. will try this tonight when my boy is a bit sleepy I don’t have antibiotic cream though I’m in Australia .. is there an alternative ? Eye drops for conjunctivitis??

Back
Top Bottom