Rescued a frizzle cochin with really bad feet! (PICS)

clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
woot.gif

What a awesome person you are and what a great job you've done with Prissy.
bow.gif

Have you thought about reporting those people that you got Prissy from to the Animal Care and Control? The conditions that they are keeping the chickens and any other animals they have in are inhumane and cruel.
somad.gif

The animal control should be informed so that all the animals can be removed from the property.
I'm not sure how it works were you live, but here they investigate cruelity to chickens just like dogs and cats.
Thank you for all that you are doing for Prissy, and what you did for the other chicks, but please don't let these people get off with that kind of neglete.
smack.gif

Ruth

I let the people know I had to put the chicks down because of infectious coryza. Thats as far as I took it, see I am an illegal chicken owner and these people know it. They could and would easily blow thw whistle on me if I stirred the pot. Believe me there is nothing I want more then to stop their little operation but my hands are tied. Almost all the chickens tey had there were spoken for meaning people were coming to buy them. I want these people to let the others know these birds are SICK and they stated they would let people know there was something wrong with the birds. I guess I can't say every one of them had coryza but I am 100% sure the chicks I put down had it so all the birds there had been exposed to it. They also live in a different area then I do they are 50 miles away. I am not sure who animal control is there but I know here it is the sherriff. I truely want to nail them to the wall but at the risk of having to give up all my birds it isn't worth it to me
sad.png

The sad fact is there are more farms like this then we know of, these people are just a little slice of whats really going on. Lots of folks around here do things ALOT differently then I do. My chickens are really pampered as well as heated over the winter which is darn near un heard of here. Some folks may call me crazy for the lengths I go thru to ensure my flock is healthy, safe, and super comfy. To me I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't have the luxury of being able to have children of my own so therefor my flock are my kids, if I lost them I'd never be the same. That would kill me.

She sure acts like a new chicken
big_smile.png
she is sooo happy and talkative. It brought a tear to my eye when I had her outside and saw her flap her wings and run a bit. To be honest I didn't think she would ever walk again much less jump, flap, run and scratch around
big_smile.png

Even if her feet never heal "right" she is still a whole new chicken. Gosh, she is so lucky to have you.

Plus with that fabulous new do', you won't even be able to see her "no sandals iin public" feeties.

OH, you are that little gal's angel. Here's what I like to do for scaly leg mites, although I have to admit I've never seen it that bad! Mix some vasceline (I never spell that right, sorry) and some seven dust together, and rub that thoroughly all over the affected area. With her feet, I would do it maybe two or three times a day for a while.

It should work wonders for her. Also, regarding the resp. problems, I ran a vaporizer with vicks in it on one of my favorite pullets that got really sick, (along with electrolites and duramayacin in the water), and she pulled through nicely.

Good luck to you!

Sharon

Back
Top Bottom