Rescued chick from cat (*Update* Coop page 26!)

I guess he can thank the cat. He looks happy with his new digs. What will you do with him when he starts crowing? I'm dealing with that issue right now. Luckily my roo has a relatively quiet crow, and our neighbors are spread out a bit, but they can get loud!

yeah i agree with some of the others... you should get another chick so that 'she' won't be alone.
jumpy.gif

so cute

Quote:
We live in an area where my "neighbors" are about 50 yards apart from each other and there's only about 5 of us who are that close. Our road branches off into another road, and so on until you're out in the middle of nowhere
tongue.png
Only thing I'm worried about with the crowing is him allowing me to sleep.

By the way zathura, you may want to take a peak at the other pages! I got two other babies a couple weeks ago to accompany mine.

And to Ole Rooster, I'm born and raised in Alabama. The "y'all" isn't as prominent with the younger crowds, especially if you've been to one or two cities
wink.png
I'm guessing due to all the technological advancements in the past 50 years. I still use "y'all" a bit, just not where there's people there to make fun of me
tongue.png
It's kind of a meshing mechanism. I don't know, ask as sociologist
lol.png

Floyd has the sweestest face I'm happy his story has turned out so well. BUT, when he grows up big and strong and rooster-y he should look up that cat and scare the daylights out of him. Every chick it attacks isn't going to have a rescuer. You are somebody special - can't wait to see your coop up and your kids enjoying it.

Quote:
That's mean and not funny

I think she meant it as a joke
smile.png

That's what I was hoping, I love my two cats. My 12 yr old boy is afraid of my chickens, even though he follows me around to make sure everyone is locked up and I have 3 coops to lock, its funny.
Michele

Quote:
That's mean and not funny

I think she meant it as a joke
smile.png

I thought it was funny, but we need a new technique, for those of us that don't want all that cat dander flying around.

I also love this thread, i've been following it for a while now and you know, a roo really does need a flock of 6-8 hens, its simple chicken math. Good luck with the coop and school!

Back
Top Bottom