Rescued, Feral kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww, such a sweetie... I'm sorry to hear she didnt make it... there was definitely a respiratory infection going on.
The maggots ate her from the inside out, I had to put her down.

Her breathing wasn't bad really, she was losing a battle due to fly strike. Must be the reason she was so tame, didn't put up a fight. She knew she was dying.

Got a different feral kitten from the litter. That little bugger bit my finger up, & bit my thumb.
It's feisty, which is a good thing.

Only thing is she's abit thin, so suspecting worms, has alittle bit of chest congestion, & some conjunctivitis in the eyes. Nothing severe. Very mild.

Gonna attempt to tame the kitten for my brother, so the kitten has a new home so it doesn't become Coyote food, or worse.

Pictures of the little girl.
View attachment 3187454
View attachment 3187447
As this is a feral, outside cat I would highly recommend seeing a doctor or going to urgent care for the bite. Feral cats can carry rabies, which is fatal.

As for the other cats, and this kitten, please try to contact a local shelter or a TNR program.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-16-09-26-09-41_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-16-09-26-09-41_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
As this is a feral, outside cat I would highly recommend seeing a doctor or going to urgent care for the bite. Feral cats can carry rabies, which is fatal.

As for the other cats, and this kitten, please try to contact a local shelter or a TNR program.
We've cared for ferals before. My first cat I had was a feral that my dad tamed.

I searched the risk of cats carrying rabies yesterday. It's rare in cats, & hasn't been seen in cats in 40yrs.
Screenshot_20220716-090828_Chrome.jpg

I stated earlier in this thread, that our shelter isn't taking in anymore cats. Found this out dropping a cat off at the shelter recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom