Rescued this fine young man after somebody dumped him

It truely does warm my heart to hear this rescue story! There are some in this world who don’t have the intelligence to see how beautiful and amazing chickens and animals on the whole are. To me he looks like a Delaware x. Hopefully he enjoys the rest of his life in your loving home! :)

My first thought is a Light Brahma.. I would welcome some help from the experts though.
Definitely not a Light Brahma.

1612904510430.png

As you can see, your fellow doesn't have feathered feet, pea comb, and is missing the black feathers in his hackles.

Delawares are probably the closest pure breed to him, but I don't believe he is pure.

1612904491475.png

I would guess that he is a mix.

He's a mix. I don't see any Brahma in him at all and I wouldn't even say Delaware for sure either. He has a similar pattern but with mixes similar doesn't really mean a lot.

I am starting a thread called dumped off animals. I know some of you saw my post about the rescue rooster Curby. Now at my local refuge I encountered a beautiful white rooster. He has 3 hens with. My uneducated guess is White Auracana though he lacks the mustachioed feelers. Advice how to catch. I'm headed out at daybreak armed with rubber boots and mealworms, and collapsible pen. Would love help and advice. I'm not coming back without them.

I am happy your choosing to give this rooster a chance but be wary.People often dump off roosters because they are being mean but more often it’s because the rooster has a bad temperament or is abusive toward hens!Watch him carefully.

Back
Top Bottom