Respritory illness

@Eggcessive hes 8.3 oz. on the box it says on packet per 10 gallons of water.....the dosage thing is confusing.

update on him-
hes gotten slightly more lethargic. the one buildup has fallen off but there more but further own his throat they look bigger too. so im pretty sure its cankers.

How much does the chicken weigh? Dosage is 25 mg per pound daily for 5 days. The API product has is powder and is 500 mg per teaspoonful. I have never used it, but it might be best to mix it in water and give the dose with a syringe. Check my math but if you mixed the 500 mg in 10 ml of water, that would equal 50mg per ml. So, 1/4 ml would equal 25 mg. I will check back tomorrow.

@Eggcessive hes 8.3 oz. on the box it says on packet per 10 gallons of water.....the dosage thing is confusing.

update on him-
hes gotten slightly more lethargic. the one buildup has fallen off but there more but further own his throat they look bigger too. so im pretty sure its cankers.
According to the above math, you'd give him 1/8 ml. If that's too small to measure up easily, you would use more water (20 ml) and thus give 1/4 ml of the solution to him.

Since it's for fish tanks, you would not use the dosage listed on the package, as that is not useful at all when dosing a chicken vs a tank of fish.

Back
Top Bottom