Respritory illness

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/pfizer-terramycin-opthalmic-ointment-1-8-oz?cm_vc=-10005

This it?

The one roo Monty the one without the eye issiue seems to get worse at night his breathin real heavy and gurgly.
I swabbed his throat with a q-tip to try to get some of the spit out of the way and it was slightly bloody did it again it was clear.

The one with the eye problem when I clean his eye it the pus seems slightly pink tinted/bloody. And do I put the ointment right in his eye?

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/pfizer-terramycin-opthalmic-ointment-1-8-oz?cm_vc=-10005

This it?

The one roo Monty the one without the eye issiue seems to get worse at night his breathin real heavy and gurgly.
I swabbed his throat with a q-tip to try to get some of the spit out of the way and it was slightly bloody did it again it was clear.

The one with the eye problem when I clean his eye it the pus seems slightly pink tinted/bloody. And do I put the ointment right in his eye?
Yes, you can use the Terramycin in the eye.
Blood tinged mucous does not sound too good. You may be dealing with ILT, but it's hard to know without testing.

Are these birds you are wanting to add to your existing flock? Getting some testing would be a good idea so you know what you are dealing with.
NC has 4 state lab locations - Elkin, Monroe, Raleigh and Arden/Fletcher if you live near one of those locations give them a call and ask what they need to test a sample for you.
http://www.ncagr.gov/vet/ncvdl/

Raleigh is an hour away.

Well I breed seramas and got these 2 pairs intent of breedin them and occasionally addin a smooth feathered bird in there but since this sickness and the fact that they could be Carrie's I wont anymore.

Raleigh is an hour away.

Well I breed seramas and got these 2 pairs intent of breedin them and occasionally addin a smooth feathered bird in there but since this sickness and the fact that they could be Carrie's I wont anymore.
Raleigh is the main lab, I believe they have a way for you to mail things to them too like printing a shipping label.
Since you breed, knowing what these have would be important. Hopefully it won't spread to any of your other birds. I would try to practice bio-security the best I could between these and your others.

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this.

I'll contact them tomorrow what exactly am I askin them for.

And should I medicate them with tylan still. I know we dont know the fro sure sickness but the one roo is fading fast and I don't think hes gonna last long.

I'll contact them tomorrow what exactly am I askin them for.
And should I medicate them with tylan still. I know we dont know the fro sure sickness but the one roo is fading fast and I don't think hes gonna last long.
I assume I stop the ones fish meds
Explain to the lab the problems you are having - symptoms, including the blood tinged mucous. They can recommend which tests and what samples they need (like a swab).
Call them as soon as they open, antibiotics may skew results, but since you've been giving them metronidazole, likely it won't matter.

If the one is failing fast you can try the Tylan50 but if it's a virus like ILT antibiotics will only help with secondary infection.

This is so sad, I'm very sorry.

Back
Top Bottom