Rhode Island Red Hen x Light Sussex Cockerel?

ejay

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 30, 2013
Hi there,
this question has had me burning for ages! I know about the reverse cross (RIR cockerel x light sussex hen) results in a goldline (warren?) sex linked but what about the other way around? is there a particular colour they come out as or a name they go by?
thanks!

Last edited:
thankyou =) cleared some things up
interested in seeing a pic if anyone has one!

Quote:
The Females will be Silver Columbian like Father and the Males will be Silver columbian till they Mature at that moment their hackle and saddle will become Golden/straw/yellow colored instead, with the rest of the body remaining silver this cross has no usefull purpose thats why is not popular as both gender will hatch silver looking so no sexing is possible

Last edited:
I would just like to give readers an update,
I have bred a Light Sussex Cockerel to a Rhode Island Red Hen (potentialy a Columbian Blacktail by the looks of things)
the result (all cockerals lol!) was essentially a very large Light Sussex with yellow feet and ear lobes, and as maturing yellow and gold feather streaks throughout.

I would just like to give readers an update,

I have bred a Light Sussex Cockerel to a Rhode Island Red Hen (potentialy a Columbian Blacktail by the looks of things)

the result (all cockerals lol!) was essentially a very large Light Sussex with yellow feet and ear lobes, and as maturing yellow and gold feather streaks throughout.

Any chance you could post some pictures?

Hello
I am sorry I don't have a picture of them as adults as we ate them! (!!!)
but here is a link with a picture of a very similar bird http://www.mthealthy.com/store/948458/product/CRC-c
, our ones had more yellowy feathers than this. As chicks they were indistinguishable from light sussex except for yellow legs and a bit larger.

Back
Top Bottom