Ribh's D'Coopage

BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
Anne McCaffery's world of Pern and her dragons are a very satisfying creation. 🥰 I love Michael Whelan's illustrations of them, they are just perfect.

I'm on a bit of a nostalgia trip at the moment and re-reading some of my favorites.

Patricia McKillip: The Riddle Master Trilogy

Robin Hobb: Fitz and the Fool Trilogy, The Live Ship Traders Trilogy (loved the premise of this one), The Rainwild trilogy. All in the same universe. Very rich story telling.

Dave Duncan: The Seventh Sword series, Magic Casement, Faery Lands Forlorn, Perilous Seas,
Emperor and Clown (Pandemia: A man of his word series)

And if you love children's/ Young adult fiction Patricia Wrightson's Book of Wirrun series is wonderful. The hero is a young Australian Aboriginal man. The first book is "The Ice is Coming".

Uh oh, I think I may have given away that I am quite fond of fantasy too.... 🤓
I read Robin Hobb's Assassin books. Very good. I may ask you again for suggestions some time. I will never remember all of these. 😆

MaryJanet

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2018
Adelaide, South Australia
My Coop
History is now written to fit your political needs at this moment, not by Victors or Victorias.
Yes. I was at a talk that invited historians to use social media as source documents. Not a great idea, but with an appropriate analytical perspective it might work. Developing the tools to support such analysis will take years.

Top Bottom