Ribh's D'Coopage

Anne McCaffery's world of Pern and her dragons are a very satisfying creation. 🥰 I love Michael Whelan's illustrations of them, they are just perfect.

I'm on a bit of a nostalgia trip at the moment and re-reading some of my favorites.

Patricia McKillip: The Riddle Master Trilogy

Robin Hobb: Fitz and the Fool Trilogy, The Live Ship Traders Trilogy (loved the premise of this one), The Rainwild trilogy. All in the same universe. Very rich story telling.

Dave Duncan: The Seventh Sword series, Magic Casement, Faery Lands Forlorn, Perilous Seas,
Emperor and Clown (Pandemia: A man of his word series)

And if you love children's/ Young adult fiction Patricia Wrightson's Book of Wirrun series is wonderful. The hero is a young Australian Aboriginal man. The first book is "The Ice is Coming".

Uh oh, I think I may have given away that I am quite fond of fantasy too.... 🤓
I read Robin Hobb's Assassin books. Very good. I may ask you again for suggestions some time. I will never remember all of these. 😆

History is now written to fit your political needs at this moment, not by Victors or Victorias.
Yes. I was at a talk that invited historians to use social media as source documents. Not a great idea, but with an appropriate analytical perspective it might work. Developing the tools to support such analysis will take years.

Back
Top Bottom