Ribh's D'Coopage

Everyone is cautious of ne right now. Too much picking hens up to check them out I think. When I went out with the ham today I had to convince them I was not some evil being but rather was bringing them a snack.
There has come a point here when I've handled them relatively a lot, that they accept that you're not going to harm them. I don't think many of the hens here like being handled; Fat Bird maybe.:confused:
I have made a point of being able to get close enough to all now (Donk being the exception) without causing panic to grab one if necessary during the day.

Iā€™ve only had three broodies:
  1. Bagheera (black australorp) - broodiness was short lived and no intervention was required
  2. Cashew (buff orp) - incredible mama who exceeded all my expectations and satisfied my need to see a mama hen in action
  3. Little Mill - (Speckled Sussex) who was a very persistent broody and made herself weak, but ended up a bit of a disaster; I raised the chicks myself since she was growling and pecking at them
Lucky you.:p:D

Iā€™ve only had three broodies:
  1. Bagheera (black australorp) - broodiness was short lived and no intervention was required
  2. Cashew (buff orp) - incredible mama who exceeded all my expectations and satisfied my need to see a mama hen in action
  3. Little Mill - (Speckled Sussex) who was a very persistent broody and made herself weak, but ended up a bit of a disaster; I raised the chicks myself since she was growling and pecking at them
It is hard to pick one emogi for this post

So here we go
  1. šŸ‘
  2. šŸ„°
  3. šŸ˜Ø

Easy done. Between us there's a lot of birds to keep track of , to say nothing of the keepers ~ or Bucket Boys, as the case may be.

I can't think what got into them except perhaps a protest @ my absence the night before. Roosting time is usually very sedate & calm round here. There's rarely any squabbling & only some frantic pacing if Lavender forgets she needs to roost early if she wants a top spot. :lau
Poor lavender. Sigh. šŸ˜§

Back
Top Bottom