Ribh's D'Coopage

Everyone is cautious of ne right now. Too much picking hens up to check them out I think. When I went out with the ham today I had to convince them I was not some evil being but rather was bringing them a snack.
There has come a point here when I've handled them relatively a lot, that they accept that you're not going to harm them. I don't think many of the hens here like being handled; Fat Bird maybe.:confused:
I have made a point of being able to get close enough to all now (Donk being the exception) without causing panic to grab one if necessary during the day.

I’ve only had three broodies:
  1. Bagheera (black australorp) - broodiness was short lived and no intervention was required
  2. Cashew (buff orp) - incredible mama who exceeded all my expectations and satisfied my need to see a mama hen in action
  3. Little Mill - (Speckled Sussex) who was a very persistent broody and made herself weak, but ended up a bit of a disaster; I raised the chicks myself since she was growling and pecking at them
Lucky you.:p:D

I’ve only had three broodies:
  1. Bagheera (black australorp) - broodiness was short lived and no intervention was required
  2. Cashew (buff orp) - incredible mama who exceeded all my expectations and satisfied my need to see a mama hen in action
  3. Little Mill - (Speckled Sussex) who was a very persistent broody and made herself weak, but ended up a bit of a disaster; I raised the chicks myself since she was growling and pecking at them
It is hard to pick one emogi for this post

So here we go
  1. 👍
  2. 🥰
  3. 😨

Easy done. Between us there's a lot of birds to keep track of , to say nothing of the keepers ~ or Bucket Boys, as the case may be.

I can't think what got into them except perhaps a protest @ my absence the night before. Roosting time is usually very sedate & calm round here. There's rarely any squabbling & only some frantic pacing if Lavender forgets she needs to roost early if she wants a top spot. :lau
Poor lavender. Sigh. 😧

Back
Top Bottom