Ribh's D'Coopage

You definitely need a peahen!
Yes, I think so too.💞 I'm starting to think hubs isn't adverse to the idea either. He's really enjoying our new addition. He saw him spread his tail feathers a couple of days ago & came to get me. Sadly by the time I saw him the show was over. He's starting to come into our yard now, so he's feeling safer in his new home. Hubs bought me a new camera with a zoom lens for my birthday, so hopefully I'll be able to get some better pictures to share once I get it. Better still will be if he quits hiding when he sees us come near.

She got bored waiting for her Caturday picture.

BFBE32E1-7815-4283-80C0-E5C329BE4781.jpeg

CHOOK of the WEEK.
Titania.
20210731_172319.jpg

Titania is one of my newer girls. She arrived with Olivia, Portia, Ceres, Desdemona & our 1st lot of Vorwerks @ the end of last year. I think she is absolutely gorgeous.

According to her breeder Titania is a Frizzle/Aracuna bantam X. Bear in mind Frizzle is a breed out here, not just a feather type. I was really hopeful she'd carry the blue gene marker & I would have another blue layer but she doesn't. She lays wee cream coloured eggs like a frizzle & is showing signs of going broody. My summer could be a nightmare.

Also, our Aracaunas aren't rumpless though all the frizzling makes it hard to tell if the poor girl has a beard or muffs or anything else going on in there.

She is not quite as friendly as Olivia but she isn't unfriendly either & that makes her fairly easy to handle. She is one of my feistier bantams & holds her own really well against all the bigger girls.

Frizzles, surprisingly, are a really, really old chicken breed 1st being mentioned some time in the 1600s & Charles Darwin called them Caffie Fowl & said they were predominanately found in India but the frizzling gene seems to have arisen even further east ~ possibly in China.

All the frizzles I've had have had calm, easy going temperaments & got along well with other breeds ~ which I wasn't expecting as there are warnings all over the internet that these odd looking birds are often the target of bullying by more dominant breeds. I haven't found that ~ but then I started with Lavender who was easily twice the size of anyone else & could give even Soda a run for her money in the weight department!​

Last edited:
It's Caturday!:thumbsup
It's still Saturday somewhere. 🙄There has been so very much going on I've lost track but here is my lad, Kirby, getting chin scratches ~ sort of. He will lay his head on the hand that is scratching him & gently hook in his claws so he is holding *hands*. Yep. He's super weird. :lol:
20210801_102449.jpg

CHOOK of the WEEK.
Titania.
View attachment 2789264
Titania is one of my newer girls. She arrived with Olivia, Portia, Ceres, Desdemona & our 1st lot of Vorwerks @ the end of last year. I think she is absolutely gorgeous.

According to her breeder Titania is a Frizzle/Aracuna bantam X. Bear in mind Frizzle is a breed out here, not just a feather type. I was really hopeful she'd carry the blue gene marker & I would have another blue layer but she doesn't. She lays wee cream coloured eggs like a frizzle & is showing signs of going broody. My summer could be a nightmare.

Also, our Aracaunas aren't rumpless though all the frizzling makes it hard to tell if the poor girl has a beard or muffs or anything else going on in there.

She is not quite as friendly as Olivia but she isn't unfriendly either & that makes her fairly eay to handle. She is one of my feistier bantams & holds her own really well against all the bigger girls.

Frizzles, surprisingly, are a really, really old chicken breed 1st being mentioned some time in the 1600s & Charles Darwin called them Caffie Fowl & said they were predominanately found in India but the frizzling gene seems to have arisen even further east ~ possibly in China.

All the frizzles I've had have had calm, easy going temperaments & got along well with other breeds ~ which I wasn't expecting as there are warnings all over the internet that these odd looking birds are often the target of bullying by more dominant breeds. I haven't found that ~ but then I started with Lavender who was easily twice the size of anyone else & could given even Soda a run for her money in the weight department!​
She's such a pretty girl! I'm looking forward to hearing more about her! :love

It's Caturday!:thumbsup
It's still Saturday somewhere. 🙄There has been so very much going on I've lost track but here is my lad, Kirby, getting chin scratches ~ sort of. He will lay his head on the hand that is scratching him & gently hook in his claws so he is holding *hands*. Yep. He's super weird. :lol:
View attachment 2789296
Such a handsome boy! :love

Back
Top Bottom