Ribh's D'Coopage

Oooh, shiny. Don't you just love a new appliance? 🤗
The kitchen is looking great. Is it all finished now?
I think your tiles are lighter than mine. Mine are a kind of light taupe.
View attachment 2788603
Mine are white, with a bit of a gray cast to them...depending on the light.
I do love new appliances. We had to replace our other stove because the cooktop bent when I was canning last year. I was not very happy as the stove was only a few years old, but out of warranty.
We need a 1.5"x30" piece of countertop behind the stove. The place that did our countertops said we might need it, but we didn't know until we got our stove. They will be cutting one out for us. My husband also plans on making drawers for the small cubbies in the cabinet above my tea bar. Other than that, we are finished. I'm just adding a couple of more decorative items.

Yeah, that's definitely what's going on! The workforce isn't there to manufacture! The supply chain definitely has quite a few links missing! I'm glad you were able to get a fridge. Nowadays, that would be hard to get along without! We kind of had the same thing last year, we ordered a new freezer, but that only took 2 months. There's nothing in stock here either!
If I couldn't get a fridge, I'd have taken it as a green light for eating more deliveries! :p:drool

Mmm pizza

Yeah, that's definitely what's going on! The workforce isn't there to manufacture! The supply chain definitely has quite a few links missing! I'm glad you were able to get a fridge. Nowadays, that would be hard to get along without! We kind of had the same thing last year, we ordered a new freezer, but that only took 2 months. There's nothing in stock here either!
My house needs repainting and the barn badly needs a new roof. I am worrying won’t be able to get materials before winter.

It's the pandemic. My old fridge burnt out recently so I checked the CHOICE reviews, picked out a good one in my price range and couldn't get it online anywhere. So I decided to go old school and visit an actual shop :eek:

They had lots on display but very few in stock. That's unusual. Because we don't make fridges in Australia, the retailers usually keep their warehouses topped up, but they simply had not been able to get stock because of the pandemic. I daresay even the manufacturers can't get raw materials like they used to.

Anyway, with no fridge at home, I couldn't wait for an order with no delivery estimate, so I picked out 5 models from what I saw on display.

1 wasn't in stock.
2 wasn't in stock.
3 wasn't in stock.
4 they had *one* in stock, so I nabbed it.
5 I never asked about.

It was delivered the very next day and while I'm not thrilled by it's appearance I'm sure it will serve it's purpose for many years.
Better to have one than not for sure.

@CrazyChookChookLady : I found a Phoenix breeder not too far from me [a couple of hours away] & have just touched base again to see how his breeding is going this year. He may have some by Christmas. :fl I'd love a rooster [those tails are glorious] but not really feasible. I've reminded him I'd like a couple of pullets. :D
That is so exciting for you. You need more "different" in your tribe!

Back
Top Bottom