Ribh's D'Coopage

An early Caturday present before my plane takes off. My side of the bed last night when I came in to go to sleep. No respect. :rant

20220415_000722.jpg

In one year, I've gone from being celebrated and valued for going above and beyond to being punished. The difference is the new workload model.
MJ this has been troubling me all evening. It isn’t acceptable. Do you have any means to raise the issue and have it addressed? It is not healthy to live/work in a punitive environment.

MJ this has been troubling me all evening. It isn’t acceptable. Do you have any means to raise the issue and have it addressed? It is not healthy to live/work in a punitive environment.
Thanks, RC. I didn't know how to address this but it is awful.

I've tried several times, escalating the volume each time from quiet statement of what's wrong, through several increasing levels of urgency, through to "I'm getting very tired of not being heard on this issue and of people suggesting it's my problem. It's not. I didn't create it. It's a systemic problem." (The actual problem is that they allocate 30 hours to co-ordinate the learning of 194 first year students, that's 9 minutes per student, over six weeks of intensive course work. It took almost that much time simply to recruit the tutors.)

Anyway, I've given up and now I'm exploring my options for transitioning to a better employer.

Betty hops. The wings seem to provide no help at all but she does flap them.
Counterbalance. I think the flap helps them centre but not to fly. Olivia does this very cute running hop with wing flap. It's hysterical as I don't think it helps her go any faster but she seems to think it does. 🤣

I've tried several times, escalating the volume each time from quiet statement of what's wrong, through several increasing levels of urgency, through to "I'm getting very tired of not being heard on this issue and of people suggesting it's my problem. It's not. I didn't create it. It's a systemic problem." (The actual problem is that they allocate 30 hours to co-ordinate the learning of 194 first year students, that's 9 minutes per student, over six weeks of intensive course work. It took almost that much time simply to recruit the tutors.)

Anyway, I've given up and now I'm exploring my options for transitioning to a better employer.
That sounds like under-resourcing and that unfortunately happens a lot. Certainly during the two years before I retired I felt we could do with three of me and as a result I was working absurdly long hours. But I never for one minute felt under appreciated.
I coped with the excess work because I felt it was meaningful and because I felt gratitude and appreciation every day.

only there were leeches.
Ah hah!! There were things there trying to kill you!!!
Leachs out of the water? I don't think leachs here ever leave the water.

For me being on time is in part to show respect for the other person and their time. It also promises some degree of organisation which, for the work I used to do was important.

Good grief. I sound terribly old fashioned.:rolleyes:
Not at all! Being on time IS respecting the other person. Of course I think we are are of a similar vintage.

In one year, I've gone from being celebrated and valued for going above and beyond to being punished. The difference is the new workload model.
I am very sorry to hear that, time to renew the resume?

Back
Top Bottom