Ribh's D'Coopage

why pack so tight?
A couple of reasons I think:
  • The big coop is still new. The other chickens are all that's familiar.
  • The big girls do a fair bit of pecking from the top roost so there's some protection in huddling together
  • The coop is wide open unless the weather is super wet or super windy & that could be a little scary if they're used to being locked in
  • The last few days have been much, much cooler

We've had blue ringed octopus swarming all over our kitchen ~the man was oyster farming & they hid among the shells. My brother used to keep them in a salt water tank. They aren't necessarily lethal but a tourist killed his best mate by lobbing one at his back. He had no idea!
Yeah they are only lethal when they get the blue rings appearing on them. Even still I wouldn’t let my Kid touch any sort of octopus as you don’t want to hurt the animal

I have had the best weekend in a long time!! The pain in the butt neighbors are MOVING!!! They listed their house for sale and all the kids cheered when they saw the sign out front!!!

Mason turned 10 on the 15th, of course he was with his mother (she won't share), so we celebrated his birthday this weekend. Rich and him went out to spend some guys time together and pick out his present.

They can back with a BB gun. Mason was so excited. Him and Rich practiced all weekend and Mason is a very good shot!

We did a little spring cleaning of the coops as well. My silkie broodies still have 14 eggs between them, they are co-siting again. Plus the 8 eggs in the incubator, they are on lockdown and are at 21 days on Wednesday the 26th.

I did get some very nice pictures this weekend as well.

Goldie wants to know why I stop with the treats!!
20200223_162135.jpg

Stanley did not appreciated me taking a picture of Vicki with her full food boob!!
20200223_162157.jpg

Just some random pictures of my Barred Rocks and the California Whites.
20200223_162126.jpg

20200223_162145.jpg

Attachments

• 20200223_162135.jpg
    20200223_162135.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 3
A couple of reasons I think:
  • The big coop is still new. The other chickens are all that's familiar.
  • The big girls do a fair bit of pecking from the top roost so there's some protection in huddling together
  • The coop is wide open unless the weather is super wet or super windy & that could be a little scary if they're used to being locked in
  • The last few days have been much, much cooler

That all makes sense. I was still in hot drought Australia. I haven't caught up to cool wet.

Back
Top Bottom