Ribh's D'Coopage

I woke up last night dreaming about this integration so it seems it has been weighing on my mind more than I thought it was.

Positives:
  • Everyone roosted where they should last night within a reasonable time frame.
  • Everyone is downstairs this morning
  • Everyone has eaten ~ food left over from last night
  • Everyone has had a drink
  • The pen is quiet & calm so I think the new birds have settled in. Even in confined quarters there is plenty to look @ in their view & lots of new sounds to adjust to.
To dos when I get home today:
  • Add a 2nd drinking station to the big coop
  • scrub all my food tubs.
  • check the treadle feeder.
  • Fill the run water station with fresh water.
  • Make sure all my logs are stable. The big girls have been digging under them for grubs.
  • Put down fresh bedding under all the roosts.
What have I forgotten?​
I'm wondering about more feeding stations, but you've probably got that covered already.

I'm wondering about more feeding stations, but you've probably got that covered already.
I have 1 for every 3 birds plus I do Ha'penny & Lottie by hand. I do have the option to add more. Plus the treadle feeder so anyone can graze during the day.

I'd never do just one. That would be awful all round.

Oh, it definitely is. I bought Pepper on impulse and I will never get a single hen again.

She was all alone for weeks trying to ingratiate herself with the rest of the flock and now that she has been accepted by Edwina as a “little sister” Alice is on the outs. Alice has been switching coops between the old coop with the old girls and the new coop with the new girls every couple of nights. I am completely confused.

Sunrise from this morning.... This is crazy, I just had to turn on the Air Conditioning... This is our coldest time of year. We went from -10C a day ago to 26C this afternoon.
IMG_1458.jpg
IMG_1459.jpg
IMG_1460.jpg

I woke up last night dreaming about this integration so it seems it has been weighing on my mind more than I thought it was.

Positives:
  • Everyone roosted where they should last night within a reasonable time frame.
  • Everyone is downstairs this morning
  • Everyone has eaten ~ food left over from last night
  • Everyone has had a drink
  • The pen is quiet & calm so I think the new birds have settled in. Even in confined quarters there is plenty to look @ in their view & lots of new sounds to adjust to.
To dos when I get home today:
  • Add a 2nd drinking station to the big coop
  • scrub all my food tubs.
  • check the treadle feeder.
  • Fill the run water station with fresh water.
  • Make sure all my logs are stable. The big girls have been digging under them for grubs.
  • Put down fresh bedding under all the roosts.
What have I forgotten?​
Scrub the perches? Batten down the hatches? .......Hoist the mainsails?

You seem to have thought of everything

Back
Top Bottom