Ribh's D'Coopage

Bob has hatched!!! @BY Bob

20200228_165025.jpg

The kids named the yellow one Sunny and the black one Diamond.
20200228_154143.jpg

I brought Mama in to get her ready for the peeps tonight and as soon as she heard them she wanted them.

There are currently 4 chicks and one 1/2 hatched egg and she is just as happy as can be!!!

lol Labs are one dog I'm never even remotely tempted by. Even knowing not all dogs are like the one I knew growing up I prefer to stay well away from Labs. Nice to look @. Glad others like & enjoy them but definitely not for me!

I love them when others have them. I play with other people's dogs. Labs are big goofballs and very friendly but they are still dogs. I have cats and chickens. There is no place for a dog at my house.

And please don't bring your dog to visit. I've had that go very badly.

lol Labs are one dog I'm never even remotely tempted by. Even knowing not all dogs are like the one I knew growing up I prefer to stay well away from Labs. Nice to look @. Glad others like & enjoy them but definitely not for me!
I call them the “too much” dogs... they eat too much, they crap too much, they whine too much, they dig too much, they bark too much, they stink too much, they shed too much, they chew too much......... they are just very MUCH! :th

I love them when others have them. I play with other people's dogs. Labs are big goofballs and very friendly but they are still dogs. I have cats and chickens. There is no place for a dog at my house.

And please don't bring your dog to visit. I've had that go very badly.
Had a bit of that here. People turn up to visit the main house and mention they've brought their dog with them saying it will do the dog good to run around in the countryside.
Facepalm.gif

I get some very hostile looks when I say they have to leave it in the car.
The rest of the conversation goes something like this.
"But our dog is very well trained, we took it to classes."
Me "okay put it's lead on and lets see what it does."
Dog gets out of car with lead on.
Me, "wait there a minute."
I go and find a chicken and place it a good distance from the dog and owner. Chicken heads off away from the dog and stranger at high speed.
Dog lurches at the fleeing chicken practically pulling the owner over in the process as the owner issues a string of commands that the dog doesn't pay the slightest attention to.
Me. "put the dog back in the car."

On the other hand there are a few people who come out here to walk their dogs. One man comes on a motor bike. He has a basket on the back and in the basket sits his Jack Russel Terrier. The man and I have a bit of a chat when I see him come by. We've been away from the dog for up to half an hour. The dog will not stir from that basket until the man gives the command.

Back
Top Bottom