Ribh's D'Coopage

Here is the state of Alice's feathers on Wednesday (2 days ago) poor thing. There's not much there to keep her warm at the moment. Her legs are completely bare. She's been trying to keep warm by spreading her wings along her sides and tucking her neck into her hackle feathers. 🥺

View attachment 2082857View attachment 2082858View attachment 2082859
The pin feathers are coming out fast though. Now she looks like a porcupine with very flat lying quills
Oh, gosh. That's a shocker of a molt. Hope she grows out her new feathers fast!

I lost all 3 Campines over the fence ~
& all 3 put themselves back again
Ha'penny has taught them well!🙄
That's the heaviest moult I've ever seen. Poor girl.
At least you know they can get back in by themselves. One less thing to worry about?

Love those contented chicken sounds 💗

That's the heaviest moult I've ever seen. Poor girl.
Yes, I'm really worried for her. She is shivering in the cold but I've given up chasing her around with a hot water bottle..
She was enjoying the free range scratch I put out for them, especially the sunflower seed, but wasn't interested in mealy worms or salmon, although her sisters polished it off for her.

Edit to add:
Her feathers seem to be coming in quickly. I think she may have a little fluffy coverage in a day or two. :fl

At least you know they can get back in by themselves. One less thing to worry about?

Love those contented chicken sounds 💗
Everyone was so happy to get out for a bit. It's been quite wet & drizzley all day here & they were confined to the coop.

Yes, I'm really worried for her. She is shivering in the cold but I've given up chasing her around with a hot water bottle..
She was enjoying the free range scratch I put out for them, especially the sunflower seed, but wasn't interested in mealy worms or salmon, although her sisters polished it off for her.

Edit to add:
Her feathers seem to be coming in quickly. I think she may have a little fluffy coverage in a day or two. :fl
Maybe a bit of cracked corn? It's supposed to be a *hot* food & good just before bed during the colder months ~ or so I've read.

At least they seem to be following the big girls lead when they get out. They hang round the coop & run perimeter & just go back over the fence when I start rounding them up. The man is definitely making it's time to lasso the chooks noises so their days of freedom are limited.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom