Ribh's D'Coopage

Aoife looking radiant
Her comb & wattles are reddening up nicely but somehow I think an egg is still a way off.

View attachment 2168999
Suyin & Lavender are looking really good now they have finished their moult. Ha'penny, Hepzibah & Luna are looking tatty but doing it @ a more restrained pace.
View attachment 2169007
Aiofe is looking quite mature. I can't imagine that it will be too much longer. Of course she could hold off until there is more sunlight as well.

Suyin and Lavender are looking quite natty in their feathers. :love

I'd love to accept kudos for the tax but I cannot. We're just trying to organise it enough the accountant doesn't have conniptions. :lau The problem is 2 home businesses & neither the man nor I are good with paper work ~ & I am totally hopless with numbers. If I can sort of organise it the man will do the numbers before submitting it. I wish it were straightforward but it is a complicated nightmare & really needs a professional ~ who is worth every cent!!!
Gotcha! Sorry I didn't catch on first time around :hmm :)

Aiofe is looking quite mature. I can't imagine that it will be too much longer. Of course she could hold off until there is more sunlight as well.

Suyin and Lavender are looking quite natty in their feathers. :love
That's what I was thinking, @BY Bob. :) We are nearly to the shortest day & it is often dark by 4.30pm & not light before 6am so I'm not holding my breath. The biggest giveaway is her constant screaming. I think it's a Campine thing. They seem to get really agitated just before they come on the lay & scream blue murder.

Gotcha! Sorry I didn't catch on first time around :hmm :)
Wouldn't expect you too. I've never done my own tax. I can't count that straight ~ sad but true. I had poor instruction @ a critical point in my education just when we converted from imperial to metric & I have remained confused ever since. :lau It took me ages to work out the decimal point had a purpose. :gigIt seemed such a random thing to do to a number. My brothers were horrified when they realised I was teaching math ~ but I am a very concrete instructor & anyone I've taught is very sound in practical, everyday math. Just the same, I prefer to leave it to the experts when possible. Far fewer mistakes.

Wouldn't expect you too. I've never done my own tax. I can't count that straight ~ sad but true. I had poor instruction @ a critical point in my education just when we converted from imperial to metric & I have remained confused ever since. :lau It took me ages to work out the decimal point had a purpose. :gigIt seemed such a random thing to do to a number. My brothers were horrified when they realised I was teaching math ~ but I am a very concrete instructor & anyone I've taught is very sound in practical, everyday math. Just the same, I prefer to leave it to the experts when possible. Far fewer mistakes.
It must've been very frustrating for a while.

OH, MY GOSH!!!!
I have been potting up tubestock natives all morning & keeping an eye on my fence hoppers while I was @ it. Aoife has been hopping the fence every 10~20 minutes & we did the circuit. She's been very good about hopping back in.
If only she would stay in!

Last time I went to round her up I couldn't see my trusty fishing rod so I just began walking towards her, fairly confident she would just scoot around the perimeter of the pen as usual. She didn't.
She squatted for me!!!!
She let me pick her up & cart her round to the nesting boxes. No fuss. No bother. No screaming. There weren't even heart thumps. She was totally relaxed.
She's a Campine!!!! Normally I can't get within cooee of any of them!
I am so gobsmacked. So chuffed. 😁
Ok, so not a proof positive she's close to laying but a lovely moment for me just the same. I am so thrilled!

20200531_074915 (2).jpg

Aoife looking radiant
Her comb & wattles are reddening up nicely but somehow I think an egg is still a way off.

View attachment 2168999
Suyin & Lavender are looking really good now they have finished their moult. Ha'penny, Hepzibah & Luna are looking tatty but doing it @ a more restrained pace.
View attachment 2169007
That is a beautiful portrait of Aoife. She looks so sweet. One day I hope to have a hen with big, dark eyes like that! 🤗

OH, MY GOSH!!!!
I have been potting up tubestock natives all morning & keeping an eye on my fence hoppers while I was @ it. Aoife has been hopping the fence every 10~20 minutes & we did the circuit. She's been very good about hopping back in.
If only she would stay in!

Last time I went to round her up I couldn't see my trusty fishing rod so I just began walking towards her, fairly confident she would just scoot around the perimeter of the pen as usual. She didn't.
She squatted for me!!!!
She let me pick her up & cart her round to the nesting boxes. No fuss. No bother. No screaming. There weren't even heart thumps. She was totally relaxed.
She's a Campine!!!! Normally I can't get within cooee of any of them!
I am so gobsmacked. So chuffed. 😁
Ok, so not a proof positive she's close to laying but a lovely moment for me just the same. I am so thrilled!

View attachment 2169405
How heartwarming! No wonder you are chuffed. :ya

Back
Top Bottom