Ribh's D'Coopage

Janet and Mary spend the whole day in silent and happy camaraderie, but Janet fusses at roosting. Peggy speaks up if she sees something she considers to be out of the ordinary and she asks for things whenever the mood strikes her. Ivy voices her worries about finding the right nest, otherwise she's silent. She hasn't even been making her egg song lately, while Peggy's egg song is very loud.

This is what we are being constantly subjected to just now.
At least they're not under my kitchen windows. :lol:
Lucky neighbours.

Such lovely birds with such unlovely voices! 🤣

You may need to put that treadle feeder on pavers or a a couple of planks of wood to stop it being dug under and rocking. I've had to make a little paved area for mine!

Yes. And I've no idea what sets it off. Maybe it's a group bonding thing? :idunno
At the risk of going all animal behaviorist, flock and herd animals need social order and bonding to keep the flock/herd together. Pecking order seems to be about stability. So maybe purring is bonding just like social grooming is for baboons, bats and other animals.

At the risk of going all animal behaviorist, flock and herd animals need social order and bonding to keep the flock/herd together. Pecking order seems to be about stability. So maybe purring is bonding just like social grooming is for baboons, bats and other animals.
Snap!
I was thinking the same thing RC!

Such lovely birds with such unlovely voices! 🤣

You may need to put that treadle feeder on pavers or a a couple of planks of wood to stop it being dug under and rocking. I've had to make a little paved area for mine!
It is on pavers. :( The girls shuffle it along & then tip it over. 🙄

Janet and Mary spend the whole day in silent and happy camaraderie, but Janet fusses at roosting. Peggy speaks up if she sees something she considers to be out of the ordinary and she asks for things whenever the mood strikes her. Ivy voices her worries about finding the right nest, otherwise she's silent. She hasn't even been making her egg song lately, while Peggy's egg song is very loud.

My two salmons, River and Nyssa, will get shouty from time to time and often I have no idea why. You can hear them winding up and they always go into full bawkawking when they start up. Often I think they’ve realised I will appear when they do that so they shout when they want something! Only I can’t always work out what that something is! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom