Ribh's D'Coopage

Not exactly an easy spot to get to. I just love the look Ha'penny gives before she dashes back. It does look like a great spot to be chickeny though, doesn't it.

It did make me chicks though. Sorry. 🤭
Yes, every chook we've owned has liked this particular area. In summer they go just that bit further & get under the shell ginger where it is cool & damp. Unfortunately it is really steep & that is problematic.

That is exactly where I would go if I was a chicken. 🥰🥰
Those are the Campines right? My young ladies have that same gorgeous upright tail. Presumably from their Campine ancestors.
The last little lady is one of my Wyandotte bantams but the other 3 are Campines. They look more like game birds than some of my others but I love that really erect & alert stance.

Not exactly an easy spot to get to. I just love the look Ha'penny gives before she dashes back. It does look like a great spot to be chickeny though, doesn't it.

It did make me chicks though. Sorry. 🤭
Yep, checking to see if I seriously want her headed home. :lau They could head in all sorts of directions & cause me massive problems but they never do. They just turn tail & head straight back to the run.:lol:

I have a problem.
I went out to check on my girls last night to find Luna, who looked & sounded fine @ dinner time, coughing & sneezing, with a nasal discharge & mucusy drool. I can't get her to a vet till Thursday so any advice in the meantime would be helpful. I had her in the bathroom overnight & will put her in the small pen today where she can see & hear her flock but not contaminate them ~ I hope. The man says its possible it's a cold or allergy reaction ~ which would be the best outcome~ but she is very rattly.

91ba0140-a6a2-41c2-8bc9-3a5cc8ff244e.jpg

Some encouragement here would be nice, Shad. :lau
You posted a video of one of your hens hopping over a fence. She wasn't even trying.:D The pro tree huggers here would at least take a moment to judge the jump.
Now looking at them free range...well, I've probably said enough.:duc
They are absolutely lovely looking though.

Back
Top Bottom