Ribh's D'Coopage

I've been puzzling over this comment then decided you were referencing our navigation. This was back in the day when people still used paper maps & for someone so very visual I still can't read a map properly. :lau

Oh, & congratulations on making it all the way to the end.
Bit of a marathon really between here & @BY Bob's.
I was out most of yesterday and could not believe hope my thread went on without me. I mean I knew yours would be long but I had a task calling up on Mine! 🤣

My sudden disappearance was due to the lad suddenly arriving with kidlets in tow. He went crabbing & left the kidlets with me.

We worked on how to interact with the animals.🙄
Easier without mum constantly telling me how little she is. I know how little she is.
One is never too little to learn how to interact with another species correctly.
We are getting there. Don't follow directives about being quiet & gentle then out you go because this is the chickens home!
Thankfully all my girls are very good with the kidlets. They seem to understand they are little & are tolerant. The girl went home covered in chicken poop [she got into the coop proper when I got distracted]. The lad went home covered in food dye. We cooked & iced cupcakes while his sister napped.
I need about a week to recover I think.:gig

View attachment 2350822
What a darling photo! Way to go grandma! Send them home dirty and stained. Perfect!

Today Rich and I finally tackled moving my main layer flock's run. We quickly threw together this run when the neighbors call the Boro on us. It was not at all how I wanted it to look like or where I wanted it to be.

I took A LOT of pictures, so I'll post them in thumbnail size, please click on them to see them in detail.❤

I pulled out all the posts I could, then I called in the reinforcements, Rich pulled out the rest for me.
View attachment 2351008

We built a little walk way to the new run. We'll cover this with plastic this winter, it faces North.
View attachment 2351010
All the light colored dirt is the old run. We're going to level it off and plant grass again.

I found this amazing chicken feeder for $20 at a yard sale a couple weeks ago! Now I just need them to be afraid of it.😒
View attachment 2351011

My helper was not always very helpful...
View attachment 2351013

The run now goes along the side of their coop and down the hill to the back of the house. They have lots of grass to scratch at.
View attachment 2351015

This is the side view. We were running put of day light so the orange fence is temporary. We only got half the netting up.
View attachment 2351018

That's my kitchen Pantry above the coop. That's my living room window overlooking the run.❤
View attachment 2351019

It won't take long to finish up and we have now doubled their run size. They are now out of the direct wind and sun.

View attachment 2351050
A beautiful ending to a productive day!
Looks great! Nicely done. I know how much you wanted to move them. It looks like that will be a better location for them. Way to go!

Back
Top Bottom