Ribh's D'Coopage

Not to go over old ground but I think we established that Whitebait may or may not be baby Sprat which may or may not be Herring.
And apparently I had the right word all along. :) The Brits use so many odd terms, often localised to one particular area, which is both fascinating & frustrating. :lol:

So they use squab when referring to sprat? This is a very funny sentence...imo...:D
Hilarious! šŸ¤£ This has caused me so much angst[ :gig] I actually had to go & investigate the etymology because what on earth is the connection between a young bird & young fish. Well, here it is for the nerds amongst us! :lau

*1680s, "very young bird," earlier (1630s) "unformed, lumpish person" and used at various times for any sort of flabby mass, such as sofa cushions; probably from a Scandinavian word ...*

The girls all rushed to greet me this morning.

We missed our dinner time together again last night.
It was pitch black by 3pm & the power went soon after that so all the islands were down.
We got power back about midnight. I only know because I reckon the man left every light switch in the house on & we suddenly lit up like a warning beacon! :lol:

I had to get up & switch everything off but boy, oh boy, was Kirby pleased to have company! šŸ¤£
20201026_070448.jpg

Some time ago @rjohns39 & @Grammy60 gifted me this lovely handmade basket.
Most of the people I regularly gift eggs to hang onto their cartons for me & I divvy the eggs up in such a way everyone gets a mix of large ~small, blue, white & brown eggs.
I recently ran out of cartons so have been putting my 3~4 dozen in the basket & just asking people to take what they can use from it. It has been an interesting exercise in people watching.

Who ever gets 1st choice usually takes all the biggest eggs but the 7th Day Adventists always take the brown eggs first. The guy with the daschunds always takes all the blue eggs ~ as does the chef. The small white eggs are least popular of all & whoever is last tends to get left with those.

They all taste the same. :confused:
Everyone throws the shells away.:idunno

So who has a preference?
View attachment 2385903
Ummmm

:oops:

Janet's eggs are richer than anyone else's. I think it's because her yolks big in comparison to her whites. So we don't use her eggs in baking.

Hilarious! šŸ¤£ This has caused me so much angst[ :gig] I actually had to go & investigate the etymology because what on earth is the connection between a young bird & young fish. Well, here it is for the nerds amongst us! :lau

*1680s, "very young bird," earlier (1630s) "unformed, lumpish person" and used at various times for any sort of flabby mass, such as sofa cushions; probably from a Scandinavian word ...*
Who knew...you learn something new every day...:D

They are chronic!
At least there was a Campine egg under Wrold this morning, which makes more sense
but why they are suddenly nesting together I do not know. :idunno
View attachment 2387106
What's really funny about this is the fact that Wrold found it necessary to lay her egg in an already cramped box...silly girls...:gig This really is cute though!!! :love

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom