Ribh's D'Coopage

Posting just to let you know I'm thinking about you Ribh and hoping you are not stuck in a state of misery.:hugs
What he said ^^^^ :hugs
What both of them said :hugs :hugs
What those three good people said :hugs
Thanks for the concern everyone but I am not in a state of misery as Shad so aptly put it. 😝 I had surgery on one of my hands Friday so even though it was minor my hand hurts... :( Then I picked up a bug which has put me pretty much out of action the past 2 days & to top it off Soda has joined Hepzibah in broody jail. [laugh away @BY Bob] Another first! 🙄 Of my BRs only Patricia is still operating as usual. Egg production has plummeted. While most of my smaller girls lay regularly they don't lay as often [which must be better for their overall health] & Medh has stopped laying altogether. If I was going to lose another hen suddenly my money would have been on Medh, not Lavender. @MaryJanet: can you post a pic of the vet recommended feed & I will check it out next week when we go to buy.

@MaryJanet & @Aussie-Chookmum Thank you for your thoughts. I have considered spiders. We have red~backs & something that is related to a funnelweb. I would have expected to see signs of paralysis with a tick. Of the snakes we have ,only the small eyed is small enough to get in I think ~ though you never know with snakes & I would have expected them to target the eggs rather than the chooks.

Everyone's kindness is much appreciated. Thank you all. :hugs:hugs

@MaryJanet: can you post a pic of the vet recommended feed & I will check it out next week when we go to buy.
It's this one. He says because it's a pellet they can't pick out thrir favourite bits. I got it from a pet shop because the local fodder stores don't carry it. Mary loves it, the other three are coming around.

Get well soon Ribh.

Here's a funny story for you. My youngest (23 years) took some day old rice out to give the chooks while I was in the back room. Well, the chickens know the rice container. My youngest was mobbed.

I glanced out the window to see them fleeing across the yard with an unruly herd of chooks hot on their tail. If only I had a camera! :lau

Thanks for the concern everyone but I am not in a state of misery as Shad so aptly put it. 😝 I had surgery on one of my hands Friday so even though it was minor my hand hurts... :( Then I picked up a bug which has put me pretty much out of action the past 2 days & to top it off Soda has joined Hepzibah in broody jail. [laugh away @BY Bob] Another first! 🙄 Of my BRs only Patricia is still operating as usual. Egg production has plummeted. While most of my smaller girls lay regularly they don't lay as often [which must be better for their overall health] & Medh has stopped laying altogether. If I was going to lose another hen suddenly my money would have been on Medh, not Lavender. @MaryJanet: can you post a pic of the vet recommended feed & I will check it out next week when we go to buy.

@MaryJanet & @Aussie-Chookmum Thank you for your thoughts. I have considered spiders. We have red~backs & something that is related to a funnelweb. I would have expected to see signs of paralysis with a tick. Of the snakes we have ,only the small eyed is small enough to get in I think ~ though you never know with snakes & I would have expected them to target the eggs rather than the chooks.

Everyone's kindness is much appreciated. Thank you all. :hugs:hugs
Please get well soon. You are never far from our thoughts. :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom