Ribh's D'Coopage

Good for you.
I remember reading a post here from someone who used to be a regular, that they bought store chicken to feed their chickens. I just couldn't get my head around that one.

If someone puts chicken meat in the scraps bucket at work, I don’t feed it to the girls. I put it in one of the compost bins. It just feels wrong!

If someone puts chicken meat in the scraps bucket at work, I don’t feed it to the girls. I put it in one of the compost bins. It just feels wrong!
What did me in is they had been banging on about how they kept chickens because they wanted to know the provenance of their food and that the animals were well looked after.:confused:

Alpia was sitting on all these this morning.
No. None of them are hers. :rolleyes:
20201203_085502.jpg

So today was a mainland day but guess what I saw @ the produce store? Keets! I was so, so tempted! But I had a thunk in the middle of the night, which is when these things tend to happen, & realised that in all the years of trying to source interesting chickens I'd never asked the produce store if they had contacts. Duh!!! I was quite excited about it & left the man to lug a really heavy bag of feed out to the car while I picked someone's brains...to no avail! :( Sometimes people get in touch with them when they want to offload chicks but they don't have anyone regular. It was such a good idea I was quite disappointed. How does a produce store not have contacts?
I would love to get guinea fowl some day, I think they are adorable. But you know, I’ve done some research and they are a bit crazy, and a lot loud. And they are wild.
But I hear that they will eat every tick in the area and even even rodents. (There you go @BY Bob)🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom