Ribh's D'Coopage

They are so lovely. I’m embarrassed to ask, but how does one prepare an egg to eat from an egg cup? Are they soft boiled? How do you not get shell in the egg? :oops:
Soft boiled ~ about 3 minutes for me so the yolk is still runny for dipping toast. You slice the top of with a knife. I generally use a steak knife.

And this ladies & gentlemen is why I like POLs: They understand when the light fades you go to roost in the nice safe coop. Chicks do not. They were prepared to roost in the coop run as if it were their nice safe brooder.🙄 I had 2 nodding off in the food dishes. I rounded them all up 1 by1 & popped them in the coop. Five came out. We did a 2nd round with even greater bedlam because now they knew the monster human was going to grab them. Four came out for a 3rd round. By now it was nearly fully dark, no~one could see & no~one was happy. When I got the last Vorwerk into the coop I dropped the pop door ~ something I don't normally do as the little coop has no ventilation. I will open it up again in a bit so they have nice fresh air coming in & they can get up when they're ready in the morning.

Meanwhile Alpia went to roost in a nesting box! :he The good news is Beatha has been accepted as a top girl rooster. :D

Were they all living together before you got them, or do they have to get to know each other?
Just wondered because they look OK with each other.​
They were in brooders according to breed so they didn't know each other prior to today. They're getting along really well but tending to pair up with their breed partner.

@BY Bob: they had Polish. Phyllis is such a character I was sorely tempted but I know she gets a tough time from your standards so I refrained. What Natasha did have that were absolutely stunning were 2 Aracauna/Polish Xs. They were gorgeous but unfortunately we were both pretty certain they were both boys. I exercised a lot of self restraint & resisted the temptation. :lau But I was sorely tempted.

Back
Top Bottom