Ribh's D'Coopage

Thanks, Rene. She did pretty well all things considered. She'd been to & from to the vet a number of times but we weren't able to pinpoint what exactly was wrong. She got longer than she otherwise might have & she was happy. How many hens can say that of their lives?
Sadly not all hens can say that! I'm glad that she was home with her family and that you had so much extra time with her! 💞

Patricia's bum is bright red.

View attachment 2497414
I'm assuming that's the Uropygial gland. Everything round there is red & infected as well.
I am not happy. My girls are stressing me out just now. 😧
I have slathered her in Betadine & started her on Medh's antibiotics ~ which are a broad spectrum antibiotic.​

View attachment 2497415

The poor girl is sort of moulting just now too.

I'm hoping this is not another vet trip ~ which it will be if things don't improve drastically by next week.​
Hopefully the antibiotics will do the job & clear that up quickly...looks uncomfortable, poor girl & poor you! :hugs

I spent nearly an hour with Wrold yesterday afternoon making sure she filled her crop & actually drank something. I would be less peeved about her constant broodiness if she was a sensible hen but she gets fixated, trances & doesn't move of the nest. It's a process as she only eats a few bites before bok~bokking to get back on a nest, any nest; she's not fussy. She doesn't even need eggs. 🙄 She's getting too thin for my liking so every time she flapped off I grabbed her again & offered food. She'd scoff, as she's obviously starving, then start fretting again. Rinse & repeat! 😖 It took a while but eventually I could feel her crop. Probably not as full as it should have been but I think we'd both had enough by then so it was into the carrier for the night. She's such a stubborn girl & would probably make an excellent mother but it ain't happening any time soon.
Not again/still...silly girl! Once again I wish I lived closer so I could give you some fertile eggs for her. Can you get them where you live, she would be one happy mama & you would have instant integration...once they hatch that is!
I'm reading backwards through your thread...so I am now stopping & going back to where I left off...lol!

Not again/still...silly girl! Once again I wish I lived closer so I could give you some fertile eggs for her. Can you get them where you live, she would be one happy mama & you would have instant integration...once they hatch that is!
I'm reading backwards through your thread...so I am now stopping & going back to where I left off...lol!

I could get fertile eggs but I am not allowed roosters & the odds of @ least 1 hatching are rather high. :lol: I would then have to come up with a rooster solution.:(

Those are some tired looking little chickies...look at all those fluffy little butts...:love

They were very tired. 😁 I've just started letting them out in the big run for most of the day & add the big girls in later so they have had plenty of new experiences to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom