Ribh's D'Coopage

It has been one of those days. I have been keeping an eye on Ceres for the past couple of days. She just seemed off to me but I couldn't pinpoint what I thought was wrong. I pulled her from the coop a couple of times but there didn't seem to be anything particularly wrong. I began treating her for coccidiosis & this morning pulled her again. She dropped a huge watery poop on my living room floor so she has been inside ~ bathroom isolation. She finally ate some feed with probiotic yoghurt tonight, is drinking & a lot perkier. I have been treating some lesions on her comb & wattles as well. The nastiest seems to be a pecking injury so hopefully she has been treated correctly.

I went out to feed everyone else. The babies were all eating ,drinking & making merry. When I got back the littlest Wyandotte was down & I lost her an hour or so later. No idea what happened. So far as I can tell everyone else is fine ~ but who knows. They are on my kitchen table where I've been able to keep a close eye on them.

I pulled Gloriana this afternoon to put stuff on her wattles & comb too. :( Wrold is moulting & really miserable with it. Alpia has gone broody. The Vorwerks seems to be doing ok & my older girls are looking really healthy just now, now Lavender isn't constantly plucking them.
:hugs:hugs

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I know that you were really looking forward to adding her. Be sure to let the breeder know so she can check all of hers over for anything.

Its Caturday

20210303_075810.jpg

Good evening everyone 😊😴

It has been one of those days. I have been keeping an eye on Ceres for the past couple of days. She just seemed off to me but I couldn't pinpoint what I thought was wrong. I pulled her from the coop a couple of times but there didn't seem to be anything particularly wrong. I began treating her for coccidiosis & this morning pulled her again. She dropped a huge watery poop on my living room floor so she has been inside ~ bathroom isolation. She finally ate some feed with probiotic yoghurt tonight, is drinking & a lot perkier. I have been treating some lesions on her comb & wattles as well. The nastiest seems to be a pecking injury so hopefully she has been treated correctly.

I went out to feed everyone else. The babies were all eating ,drinking & making merry. When I got back the littlest Wyandotte was down & I lost her an hour or so later. No idea what happened. So far as I can tell everyone else is fine ~ but who knows. They are on my kitchen table where I've been able to keep a close eye on them.

I pulled Gloriana this afternoon to put stuff on her wattles & comb too. :( Wrold is moulting & really miserable with it. Alpia has gone broody. The Vorwerks seems to be doing ok & my older girls are looking really healthy just now, now Lavender isn't constantly plucking them.
:hugs :hugs

I'm so sorry! :hugs :hugs You do such a great job taking care of your flock. Are you treating the littles for coccidiosis too? There are so many things that can go wrong and at this age it happens so fast. I hope everyone else flourishes!💞

:hugs

Sorry mate. Fingers crossed Ceres continues getting stronger.

:hugs

Sorry mate. Fingers crossed Ceres continues getting stronger.
Thanks, MJ. I think she's doing better. She ate last night & had a good pig this morning, drank & her poops are far more solid. I think I've got it but she's not one of the easier ones to medicate. No~one else seems off so..:fl.. We've just been so unusually damp this summer.

Thanks, MJ. I think she's doing better. She ate last night & had a good pig this morning, drank & her poops are far more solid. I think I've got it but she's not one of the easier ones to medicate. No~one else seems off so..:fl.. We've just been so unusually damp this summer.
I'm glad to hear that she's improving! 💞

Back
Top Bottom