Ribh's D'Coopage

The sick bay out & about this morning.
20210411_074401.jpg

Although it must be very worrying for so many to be in recuperation at once, that they have each other must be a good thing :)
It is. I had to put Olivia back with the others & the 3 that came with them keep reappearing to hang with them. Olivia seems to still have a touch of cocci & the whole flock needs a worm treatment. Now Easter is done I will get back to the vet on that. The Kilverm is not doing the trick. Ceres is pretty much well but I don't think I can separate her from Desdemona. Desi is relying on her covering her blind side. Most of the scabbing seems to be healed now but her eye still seems to be bothering her. I will give it a couple of days & see how we're going. I'd like to put them all back in the coop this weekend but it looks like more rain so I will probably wait a few days.

It is threatening rain but still dry so it was coop clean out time.
The girls love when I clean coop! :lol:
It's not just the fresh bedding, much as that is appreciated [wood shaving were all that was available this time], but their sand pit gets raked over & I usually manage a pile of leaves to fossick through as well.​
20210411_123708.jpg

They adore having their sand raked clean of droppings & all the rubbish they throw in there! It is a favourite spot, especially in summer
20210411_123638.jpg

It's not just the fresh bedding, much as that is appreciated [wood shaving were all that was available this time], but their sand pit gets raked over & I usually manage a pile of leaves to fossick through as well.​
View attachment 2609701
They adore having their sand raked clean of droppings & all the rubbish they throw in there! It is a favourite spot, especially in summer
View attachment 2609702
It's always such a good feeling to get things cleaned up for them. Looks so nice. I hope you don't get to much rain.

I need to clean up the enclosed pen! I rake it and then get in there with a shovel and turn the dirt over. It's packed pretty hard right now and for some reason I just don't have the energy to get it done...lol!

View attachment 2609701
View attachment 2609702
Fun day! Now there's a word I haven't heard in a while: fossick. It is a very good word for what chickens do.

Back
Top Bottom