Ribh's D'Coopage

Amazing. I had no idea how felting worked. Does she work on some sort of foam surface or is that just my eyes?
Yep, that would be foam. You need a soft surface between the needle and the hard table so the needle doesn't break. An old, thickly folded towel would do too.

The ends of felting needles are barbed so if they hit a hard surface or are bent or twisted they tend to break.

1618825438269.png

Thank you RC. It is fun but still a learning curve.
A friend from my Felting Group who also Stewards at the Hawkesbury Show has asked me to do a needle felting demonstration. I'll be spending the time before next weekend making 4 chickens in various stages of completion so I can do the "Here is one I prepared earlier" thing that they do in cooking shows. 😆

I am getting so behind in BYC! :th
I love that. You should post the photos o each stage. I am very curious as to how you "felt"

They seem unbalanced. It may just be that they are still young but they are quite klutzy & that worries me. They have a tendency to lie round like dead ducks too. I have this heart stopping moment before it clicks its just the Vorwerks being Vorwerks. And @ least one is a meanie; meaner than Gloriana though not yet @ a Sansa level. I don't like having mean hens.
So help me out here. I guess my flock is now the standard of mean against which all hens will be measured. In order that I understand what the scale is, could you please rank my hens in your order of meanness the meanest ranked number 1. This will give you 6 positions on your scale.

The candidates
  • Phyllis
  • Lilly
  • Aurora
  • Sydney
  • Sansa
  • Hattie

It has been a crazy two days for me and I find myself celebrating a new Caturday.

The story

Eve's mother decided that Eve was so good with Davis on the last visit that she wanted to get her a cat. She wanted to get a bigger cat like Davis and so she found a 6 month old Maine Coon mix up for private adoption. She went to see it and fell in love with it.

Then the trouble arrived.

Her husband said no. No matter how many times Eve said "kitty please".

So my daughter called me and asked me to adopt it.

Mrs BY Bob said why not. It's soooo cute. So we piled into the car and off we went.

Everyone say Hello to Éowyn.
20210419_070629.jpg
20210419_070256.jpg
20210419_120950.jpg

Her tail is huge.
20210419_132353.jpg

So she will be joining Davis and Isabel this evening after a 4.5 hour drive home. Wish us luck on integration.

It has been a crazy two days for me and I find myself celebrating a new Caturday.

The story

Eve's mother decided that Eve was so good with Davis on the last visit that she wanted to get her a cat. She wanted to get a bigger cat like Davis and so she found a 6 month old Maine Coon mix up for private adoption. She went to see it and fell in love with it.

Then the trouble arrived.

Her husband said no. No matter how many times Eve said "kitty please".

So my daughter called me and asked me to adopt it.

Mrs BY Bob said why not. It's soooo cute. So we piled into the car and off we went.

Everyone say Hello to Éowyn.
View attachment 2624854View attachment 2624855View attachment 2624856

Her tail is huge.
View attachment 2624857

So she will be joining Davis and Isabel this evening after a 4.5 hour drive home. Wish us luck on integration.
Oh, I am so jelly!!!! I waaaaant a Maine Coon!!! She’s gorgeous!!

Back
Top Bottom