Ribh's D'Coopage

It has been a crazy two days for me and I find myself celebrating a new Caturday.

The story

Eve's mother decided that Eve was so good with Davis on the last visit that she wanted to get her a cat. She wanted to get a bigger cat like Davis and so she found a 6 month old Maine Coon mix up for private adoption. She went to see it and fell in love with it.

Then the trouble arrived.

Her husband said no. No matter how many times Eve said "kitty please".

So my daughter called me and asked me to adopt it.

Mrs BY Bob said why not. It's soooo cute. So we piled into the car and off we went.

Everyone say Hello to Éowyn.
View attachment 2624854View attachment 2624855View attachment 2624856

Her tail is huge.
View attachment 2624857

So she will be joining Davis and Isabel this evening after a 4.5 hour drive home. Wish us luck on integration.
It has been a crazy two days for me and I find myself celebrating a new Caturday.

The story

Eve's mother decided that Eve was so good with Davis on the last visit that she wanted to get her a cat. She wanted to get a bigger cat like Davis and so she found a 6 month old Maine Coon mix up for private adoption. She went to see it and fell in love with it.

Then the trouble arrived.

Her husband said no. No matter how many times Eve said "kitty please".

So my daughter called me and asked me to adopt it.

Mrs BY Bob said why not. It's soooo cute. So we piled into the car and off we went.

Everyone say Hello to Éowyn.
View attachment 2624854View attachment 2624855View attachment 2624856

Her tail is huge.
View attachment 2624857

So she will be joining Davis and Isabel this evening after a 4.5 hour drive home. Wish us luck on integration.
She is beautiful! 😍

I've knocked over the mealworms, there's a big mess in my kitchen so I had to call the cleaning ladies in because this is an emergency....

20210420_165718.jpg

You are very kind to call me the teacher. Thank you.

I really do feel like a fool. Why wouldn't it be like integrating a chicken? 🤦‍♂️

Making friends
View attachment 2626260

Isabel is the one I was worried about. She dislikes Davis big time. This is going very well. Go figure. :confused:
Interesting, I always have the hardest time with female cats, my boys always seems more chill.

Well it is 4:20... :lau
And guess what? Everyone is starting to settle in nicely! :highfive:

Davis has been butt sniffing. He is more relaxed. They have passed each other with no fights. Even been at the food dishes together. If the eye contact is too long he will drop his ears. Maybe hiss. But I think we are starting to settle in.

I should have realized. This is much the behavior he would have the first 2 days Bubbie was here when he came to visit. Bubbie would come 3 times a year for at least a week and sometimes a month (Thanksgiving through Christmas). There would be a lot of hissing on both parts but by day 3 they were running through the house together playing, the best of friends.

Fingers crossed that they will appreciate each other as well.

Back
Top Bottom