Ribh's D'Coopage

My birch tree dropped a dead limb yesterday. Fortunately it missed the coop though I believe it would have withstood it.
I’m waiting for the first hurricane! We haven’t had one since we built the coop and run. We THINK it’s sturdy, but when the day comes I will be praying!!!
(And the chickens will be inside the house!)

Today's project was the chicken run.
It has languished because the slope on the waterside is so steep & the man was hoping one of the lads would help out.
The last of the frame & all the wire is now up but I have yet to secure the edges with clips. The girls were fascinated by all the movement in their area & have happily stayed within their boundaries since they were let out. We have to make a gate but the hard yards are done, including a wire roof over the 1 corner they could fly over. :lol: There will be more stags & elks go up on the posts now the wire is in place & some hanging baskets. Herbs I think.

Oh, & the little coop suffered a major injury with a branch piercing the roof so I will need to do some plastic surgery on that so it is still usable ! @ least in the short term​
View attachment 2721987
The photo gives me a much clearer idea of the layout and overall proportions. It's looking great!

What sort of clips are you using on the edges?

I have bent to peer pressure...

20210617_202345.jpg

I even picked up a new book.
20210617_202305.jpg

The photo gives me a much clearer idea of the layout and overall proportions. It's looking great!
Thanks, MJ. We are nearly done. We have the door still to build but the frame is in. I can nail the clips in once we've done the stuff that needs the man.

Back
Top Bottom