Ribh's D'Coopage

Here's Peaches and babies tonight.
20210723_173645.jpg

Surprise!
Oh yes indeed. It was the start of the cat insanity that I grew up in.
We found homes for all of the kittens, but my Dad (who supposedly didn't like cats) refused to part with the all black kitten because the family who came to collect her was insufficiently adoring of the cute little baby. So that cat stayed and became my cat and was never far from me growing up. She had the original name of Kitty Kitty and was a complete love-bug!
And so started my love of all black cats.
:love

Ok. I will answer seriously.

It all starts with the proper clothing. Based upon temperature you must have the correct layers. Dress too warmly and you sweat and the sweat actually makes you cold in the end as your clothes get damp. Dress too lightly and you can't stay warm. I dress in easily removable layers so I can add and subtract as needed.

Your feet are very important. Again, proper footwear for the temperature. You do not want your feet getting wet in any way. Footwear that is too tight also leads to cold feet.

Most people, especially women neglect their heads. More heat escapes out your head than any other part of your body. If you are cold and put a proper hat on you instantly feel warmer.

Is this what you are looking for? Do you have specific questions? Are you going to vacation somewhere cold?
Sorry Bob, I shouldve said all the usual things are not working. I was 5 layers deep on Wednesday and still cold. Sometimes my woolly hat works, sometimes it doesn't.

I'll get thermals as Ribh suggested and hope it makes a difference.

The biggest drawback with the new feeders is I can't see @ a glance how empty they are.
When I checked this morning 3 out of 4 were empty & there was a great surge when I topped them all up & while 3 or 4 littlies can get their heads in @ once the bigger girls have more trouble.
20210724_130138.jpg

I think they were emptied this morning after the girls got up as a quarter to 1/2 fill seems to last 2~3 days

20210724_130230.jpg

And then of course there's the bossy boots who refuse to share... 🙄
20210724_130213.jpg

Happy Caturday! 🥰
Todays cats are in memoriam.
Gyver
View attachment 2771317
Gyver was our 1st family cat, rescued off the waterfront & so covered in fleas he looked black. He was a Siamese X with blue eyes, ginger points & a kink in his tail. He was the sweetest boy & always just so, so grateful for the home he found with us.
Issi
View attachment 2771318

Issi was a cat of another colour entirely. Technically he shouldn't ever have lived here. Technically he wasn't my cat. In reality he was the Greatest Cat Ever & totally devoted to me ~ & me alone.

The middle lad acquired him from his then girlfriend as a fubby~wubby kitten, snuck him into a house that already had 3 resident cats, then departed for seas unknown leaving his cat behind but promising to send money for food & desexing. He never did & I had a cat I neither liked nor wanted.

Then Gyver was diagnosed riddled with cancer & laid the burden of life down. I was devastated. Issi, who was determined to love & be loved, climbed up my leg into my lap, wriggled up my chest, laid his head over my heart & grieved with me. From that moment on he was my cat & there was never any question of said son reclaiming him. He died suddenly of a blood clot but is irreplaceable. He was one of a kind.
You have a knack for story telling Ribh. Your cats were beautiful. I have tears in my eyes for Gyver and Issi comforting you. 😭❣️

Back
Top Bottom