Ribh's D'Coopage

Sad news for my family though. Our beautiful Golden Retriever, Stella, started limping last Thursday and got drastically worse before we could get her to the vet. We also noticed a lump under her left ear. The vet thought it was an enlarged lymph node and that the limp was probably arthritis (she's 14 and a half), so we booked her in for a biopsy today plus x-rays of her chest and limbs. (she has also had an occasional cough for a while).

The x-rays showed that her lungs are riddled with cancer. :hitThe vet says she may have anything from a few months to a few weeks left. She is still a happy, loving girl and we have her home with us and lots of painkillers to keep her comfortable.

View attachment 2777384
Oh no! I'm so sorry :hugs

That’s so sad ACM! :hugs Golden retrievers are lovely. My sister recently lost one of her border collies to cancer.

Oh no! I'm so sorry :hugs
When they get to her age you are kind of bracing for this type of thing. It is still very sad though. 😣 Thank you for your thoughts.

We puppy raised Stella for the Guide Dogs for the Blind. From 18 months to 10 years she worked. She came back to us for retirement in January 2017 which we weren't expecting, but were were very happy to have her back. She is our favourite out of the six puppies we had for the Guide Dogs.

Here she is as a puppy.

Attachments

• image000000_2.jpg
    image000000_2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 5
Some years ago the American Kennel Club was doing a survey to collect info on Golden Retrievers that developed cancer. Don't know what the results were regarding bloodlines, frequency involved etc.

I lost a beautiful champion Cocker and producer of 8 chs. to cancer of the jaw. I had gotten her from a top breeding/show kennel in California - only to discover that three generations behind her also had various cancers. No one ever told me that. It was heart breaking.

I had bred her only to a total outcross buff male- she being dominant black only had black ofspring. Never heard whether any of them developed cancer.

My little *I want to be people* Olivia is a real chicken.
Today she squatted for me then laid her 1st egg in a nesting box.
I happened to see her investigating her options when I went to collect the egg under Luna, which wasn't Luna's. Olivia couldn't believe her luck. My shoulder was @ the perfect height for landing! 🤣 Here is Olivia's 1st egg beside one of Soda's for comparison.
20210730_165825.jpg

I happened to see her investigating her options when I went to collect the egg under Luna, which wasn't Luna's. Olivia couldn't believe her luck. My shoulder was @ the perfect height for landing! 🤣 Here is Olivia's 1st egg beside one of Soda's for comparison.
View attachment 2778594
Congratulations Olivia! What a sweet little egg. ❤️

View attachment 2778594
Top right: what she means? I IS peoples.

Back
Top Bottom