Ribh's D'Coopage

Yes & No... 🤣 I like to have my own space so temporary living is hard for me plus all the cuffuffle: court, Centrlink, sick Sif & I've had to renew my lisence this year ~ all without a car or my driving glasses to start with & a greatly reduced income [I can't say that without thinking of Dorothy L. Sayers saying: How does one reduce an income? 😄.] Now have a car & my glasses sorted so that is making some things easier & I do have a sort of routine happening ~ which gives structure to my days but I would really like to be able to move into my own place & look for work, which won't be happening any time soon. I am struggling with huge amounts of anxiety any time I am away from where I feel safe & not sleeping real well but it could be so much worse & I am grateful for small mercies. Thank you for asking. :hugs
Is there any scope for taking in some vocational training or further uni at some point? It would get the Link off your back and be good for you. I think it qualifies you for austudy too which used to be more money than the other benefits. In particular, I know for a fact the nation hasn't enough cyber security experts. It'd take you a while to educate for such a job but there are jobs in abundance.

Anyway, this is very "fast forward" thinking and of course there are loads of practical problems to sort out first.

Is there any scope for taking in some vocational training or further uni at some point? It would get the Link off your back and be good for you. I think it qualifies you for austudy too which used to be more money than the other benefits. In particular, I know for a fact the nation hasn't enough cyber security experts. It'd take you a while to educate for such a job but there are jobs in abundance.

Anyway, this is very "fast forward" thinking and of course there are loads of practical problems to sort out first.
I did sort of look because I should have done archaeology not literature but the debt is astronomical! Plus I only have a couple of working years left before retirement so who wants to train anyone for that? Worse, I am really good @ the sort of things that won't earn me an income & very bad @ most of the things that would. :idunno I am putting some of my crochet up for sale on~line but again what it will actually sell for will maybe cover costs but not labour. I would also prefer to work from home because of the animals & my present anxiety issues ~ which may resolve when I can actually afford to move ~ but for the present I'm rather in limbo. Where I hope to move is near my old alma mater ~ so I haven't completely ruled out further study. Maybe I should just go for my PHD in Lit ~ though what earthly use it would be I have no idea!

I did sort of look because I should have done archaeology not literature but the debt is astronomical! Plus I only have a couple of working years left before retirement so who wants to train anyone for that? Worse, I am really good @ the sort of things that won't earn me an income & very bad @ most of the things that would. :idunno I am putting some of my crochet up for sale on~line but again what it will actually sell for will maybe cover costs but not labour. I would also prefer to work from home because of the animals & my present anxiety issues ~ which may resolve when I can actually afford to move ~ but for the present I'm rather in limbo. Where I hope to move is near my old alma mater ~ so I haven't completely ruled out further study. Maybe I should just go for my PHD in Lit ~ though what earthly use it would be I have no idea!
Do any Literature PhDs have any earthly uses? 😉

Yes & No... 🤣 I like to have my own space so temporary living is hard for me plus all the cuffuffle: court, Centrlink, sick Sif & I've had to renew my lisence this year ~ all without a car or my driving glasses to start with & a greatly reduced income [I can't say that without thinking of Dorothy L. Sayers saying: How does one reduce an income? 😄.] Now have a car & my glasses sorted so that is making some things easier & I do have a sort of routine happening ~ which gives structure to my days but I would really like to be able to move into my own place & look for work, which won't be happening any time soon. I am struggling with huge amounts of anxiety any time I am away from where I feel safe & not sleeping real well but it could be so much worse & I am grateful for small mercies. Thank you for asking. :hugs
I'm so sorry Ribh, that's really tough. :hugs

I'm still on the floor at my daughters. Housing is pretty desperate here. The private sector seems to think the object of property is to make it impossible for anyone earning less than some stupid amount of money to own or rent anything decent.
As I explained to the local authorities; I've got all this art work and I need a wall to hang it on.:D
I couldn't help but notice they seem to lack a sense of humour.:idunno
:smack
Honestly, I had trouble picking between the 'laugh' and 'sad' emojis. That is so crap, but your daughter sounds awesome. :hugs

Does it have to useful? Can't it just be rewarding in itself?

Uni lecturer? Although Australian unis are not treating their staff very well atm by putting them on as casuals. :(
The unis have been struggling financially since Howard.That's why they all turned to international students. The pandemic shut the borders and has really hurt some of them.

Back
Top Bottom