Ribh's D'Coopage

I think it was on Shad's thread you were asked if you break your broodies and I thought "if she did, she'd never have time for anything else!" They're chronic!
Yes. @ManueB was asking. I did the first few times with the Wyandotte bantams but you are right; it was all I did. I'd break one & the other would sit. Break her & her sister would sit. Then both together. Round & round we went. 🙄 It's not like I was short of eggs or anything.

Yes. @ManueB was asking. I did the first few times with the Wyandotte bantams but you are right; it was all I did. I'd break one & the other would sit. Break her & her sister would sit. Then both together. Round & round we went. 🙄 It's not like I was short of eggs or anything.
Well, I'm with you on letting the hens do what comes naturally. So far I've had very few worries about them getting up regularly and taking care of themselves.

Well, I'm with you on letting the hens do what comes naturally. So far I've had very few worries about them getting up regularly and taking care of themselves.
I'd never dealt with broodies before & all the advice said break 'em. They manage perfectly well with no interference from me so now I let 'em rip! 🤣

I don't know where this ridiculous breaking broody business comes from.
I have a suspicion that it has more to do with egg supply than the health of the hens.:rolleyes:

I don't know where this ridiculous breaking broody business comes from.
I have a suspicion that it has more to do with egg supply than the health of the hens.:rolleyes:
It certainly didn't feel right to me, but it's something I know nothing about. I'm happy you gave me some reassurance.

I find that things concerning animals that uses terms like "break", "yield"...will need thinking about 🙂.

BONUS MUG.
This one came all the way from England & arrived in under a week. Apart from Shad, who could resist such a smugly happy cat?
20220518_151914.jpg

It certainly didn't feel right to me, but it's something I know nothing about. I'm happy you gave me some reassurance.

I find that things concerning animals that uses terms like "break", "yield"...will need thinking about 🙂.
It pays to check where your advice is coming from.
I knew nothing & was worried for my girls so followed the standard advice. Now I know a little more, have a little experience , & the advantage of being able to pick someone like Shad's brain. I don't need the eggs so if my nutters want to sit on air & stare @ 4 blank walls for 3 weeks @ a time then so be it!🙄

Back
Top Bottom