Ribh's D'Coopage

A great demonstration of the step back method of lifting, and a reminder to me how tiny you bantams are.
Your lot are hilarious!
šŸ„°šŸ„°
They are very tiny. :D I can do one on each hand without the camera but they are very good about the transport arrangements!

As most of you know, Ha'penny is my fence hopper.
When the girls started fussing this afternoon I thought the hawk was back, but no.
Ha'penny had hopped the fence into the driveway & got stuck amongst the pots there. She couldn't get enough leverage to make the jump back over.
Being a Campine she carried on when I went to nab her. Drama Queen extradonaire...who settled happily in my arms as soon as I had her. I got a lovely cuddle. Silly girl.
View attachment 3164834
That's your girl! Such a beauty with all that fun attitude! šŸ˜

I thought it was odd that she was squatting but not laying! :smack However, Nyssaā€™s laying but not squatting! :confused:
I have some that squat and some that don't. Elizabeth (Gold Laced Wyandotte) will pancake and stamp her feet if I just walk up and say "Hello Elizabeth". So I pet her some and she seems satisfied.

Loved the video. I used to have up to 5 girls that needed a ride into the coop at night. They were already in the barn either on the alpaca stand or the top of the people door if I left it open wide. Some would just step on my hand when I approached, understanding the futility of resisting, others wanted nothing to do with the free ride and would fly down and put themselves in the coop. The rest had to be lifted up as you do and put on the roost.

All that stopped when Selene died of unknown causes at 9 months, never having laid an egg. I guess she was the ringleader.

If it is as light as it appears in the video I'm not surprised the girls are outside, I don't even try to do a beak check in the coop until a fair bit after 8 PM since we are in our period of longest sun.

That was wonderful. However did you take that video? Amazing! šŸ„°
One handed...:lau The bantams are really easy to handle so it's relatively easy.
They are lovely. They could almost tempt me to get bantams.
I can recommend Japs & D'Uccles. They have very sweet temperments, are light to carry & easy to handle. I have surprised myself by how much I have enjoyed these girls.

Back
Top Bottom