RIP Baby

Quote:
He had all of his shots and had not been out of the house since fall. So the vet was pretty sure it was just something that had bee breed into him I guess you could say. He had his yearly check up set up for June, never made it though. Baby was bought from a lisenced breeder that was a friend of hubby's grandfather. He was actually gotten for us by hubby's grandfather as a wedding anniversary present. The breeder has now unfortainitly passed away also last year. SO now if I do deside to get another one I have to locate another breeder in Pa, but with the time of year I am sure the ads will start showing up in the local papers ect.

I just want to make sure I am ready. Hubby thinks I am afarid that if I get another one it may get mean, they just do that sometimes. But that is not what really is holding me back. I worry since I know I can not replace Baby,( my hubby is one of those people that if it dies you replace it no big deal, me I am a strick you can't replace a living creature person. ) that I may not be able to love the new coon as much because it is not him. Hubby says with as big a softy as I am that will never happen. But I just want to be sure ya know.

Thank you all for your thoughts, they make me feel alittle less silly for caring so much.

I am so incredibly sorry. I am proud of how you bonded with your baby. It shows you have a large heart and a sweet soul.

Bless you for caring so much. :aww So many wouldn't. You have my respect!

Michele

I'm so sorry about your little coon! I know how hard it is to lose a furry family member. I just wanted to say that you shouldn't feel guilty about getting a new friend because you will love a new just as much, just for different things and in different ways. It will never replace Baby, but it can help you heal, and you will be giving another raccoon an awesome home!

I feel your pain. I had a lovebird for 3 years, she was like my best friend. she never lived in a cage, she slept in my room, and cuddled with me when she got up in the mourning. she greeted me everyday when I got home, and gave me kisses all the time. I bought her some food the day before they announced that the batches were contaminated, and she had eaten some that night. when I woke up the next mourning, she couldn't fly. I spent the rest of the day holding her, and trying to keep her comfortable. and I lost her forever that night. That was almost 3 yrs ago, and I still miss her with all my heart. I never replaced her, and I probably never will. Chickens are as close as I get! I am so sorry you lost your friend, NEVER feel silly for loving a living creature so dearly!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom