RIP, Sweet Glenda

Quote:
When BJ lost Betty he didn't want to eat, drink or even move without her in his life. Heartwrenching. Whenever any of the ladies that have been in his life was or is in distress, he makes a cry of understanding and empathy. Likewise, when he's been hurting for one reason or another, the lady in his life stays by his side. When Betty died some years back I wasn't sure what to do in terms of showing him when I brought her back from the vet, lifeless. I probably should have shown him more clearly than I did (she was in a bag). When Annie died of a heart attack a couple of years ago now, BJ witnessed it and his cries of anguish would tear a feeling heart right out. I can still hear those cries in my mind. Years ago, sometime after BJ and another roo Johnny came into my life, BJ got seriously mauled by a dog. Johnny would not leave his side and actually formed a shield around his friend with his wings. Oh, they feel alright, and deeply. I would love for a critical mass of humans to know this and to feel how we feel and care about these beautiful beings. What a bright shiny new day that would be. JJ

she was very pretty
sad.png

hugs.gif

im so sorry that happened

aaaawwww give poor DeeDee a hug and a pat....tell her that her "future mama" says it will okay and she will have more sistas than she knows what to do with or wants.
smile.png

Last edited:
Yes, each one is a special friend... some almost as if they were our 'child'. She was loved and will be missed. I will miss her as well. Sorry for your special loss, Tom and Cyn.

Thanks so much, Ellie. It was so sudden that I think I see her out there still. Weird how they get into your heart, isn't it? Tom dug two more holes, one for Ivy and one for Olivia. They aren't going to recover this time, but I've had time to get used to the idea of them not being here. Glenda I expected to have for years to come.

Quote:
Someday, I hope to be lucky enough to have the same relationship with my chickens as you have with yours. I've only had my girls for a couple of months now, and I already love them more than I could imagine. They amaze me every day in one way or another. I'm so sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

Thanks so much, Annie. Glenda has gone into our Hall of Fame now, along with the other special girls and Hawkeye. Onward and upward, right? I think it was just such a shock to us when we were fully expecting it to be one of three other hens. As I said, chickens will come and go, more and more of them the longer we have them. No dog could be more fun or enrich us any more than they have.

Back
Top Bottom