RIP, Sweet Glenda

No, Sibone, I don't have any of her youngsters. Wish I did. I could get more like her from Suede with Caroline, her parents, but Caroline is now with Isaac, my Delaware rooster. I don't usually breed my crossbreeds, which is why I never hatched any of her eggs.

So sorry...............
hugs.gif

Oh Cyn, I'm so sorry for the loss of Glenda. What a very pretty girl.
sad.png
Sometimes it's those unexpected deaths that hit the hardest. I know that when my Mildred died suddenly and inexplicably, I struggled with her passing for weeks. She was just fine the evening before when I went to put the girls to bed for the night, and by the next morning she was gone. I found her in the middle of the coop floor, laying there as though she had simply decided to take a nap on the floor instead of her perch. There was absolutely nothing outwardly wrong with Mildred. The very picture of health. And then just......gone. I couldn't blame it on old age, as she was only a little more than a year old. The feed was good, the coop clean, nothing toxic in their environment. To this day, it is a mystery to me. Yup, sometimes those unexpected passings are the worst.
hugs.gif

As if you don't have enough heartache Cynthia - so, so sorry to hear of the passing of Glenda - she was lucky to have had such a caring and loving Mum - my thoughts are with you at this sad time!

Suzie

She delighted us while she was here, was a good mama to several babies, and had a good, comfortable life. I guess it's better than watching her wither away like I've seen too many times. She didn't suffer, I'm sure, it was so quick.

Back
Top Bottom