River Falls, WI votes on Chicken Ordinance June 22nd 2010. HELP

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Solar_mike, May 22, 2010.

1. Solar_mike

Solar_mike New Egg

May 22, 2010
    River Falls, WI
    We need help!!!! What was once a for sure has become a 50/50 shooting match. The counsel is now gun shy because Eau Claire, WI recently shot there's down. I would really like to see this pass (6 hens max in closed run or yard) to show that not all towns in WI represent a Neanderthal mentality. We are a very progressive city in River Falls and we need the support of the community to get this to go. I am looking for anyone that is somewhat local and wants to support the next chapter in River Falls Steps to allow our community to be more Sustainable, If they want to. Thanks.

2. isitnaptime

isitnaptime Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    I am planning on being at the meeting. I don't know what needs to be done before hand, won't their minds be made up by that night? Have they been given anything like this handout...
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/16509728/Changing-Your-Citys-Chicken-Laws

I will be very suprised if this town goes against something to help people become more self sustainable. I want my chickens. My kids want their chickens.

Rebecca

3. Solar_mike

Solar_mike New Egg

May 22, 2010
    River Falls, WI
    I have already started the ball rolling and I would love to do a walk through with the counsel members to show that there is little to no smell and they are extremely quite animals. I have rallied a few neighbors that will come in support and I talked to the mayor today at Shopko and he said I need to show up and all supporters that I know. He stated that there will probably be a fairly large group of non supporters. We just need to crack (no pun intended) the false hoods surrounding the urban chicken. Our 2 dogs leave more of a smell in the yard and make more noise by 10X then the chickens ever will. Thanks for the support and I look forward to seeing the supporters there. [​IMG]

4. chzheadgrl

chzheadgrl Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    Wow, I went to high school in River Falls, WI! I am currently living in PA at the time, so it's good to see fellow WI folks! Keep up the fight, I'll contact some friends who still live in RF to let them know.

5. isitnaptime

May 12, 2010
    SolarMike, is is ok if I forward your posts to a few friends in RF that are not on BYC that may come to the meeting?

6. There A Chick

There A Chick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2008
    Creedmoor, NC
  7. Solar_mike

Solar_mike New Egg

May 22, 2010
    River Falls, WI
    Forward away, We need supporters. I am not going to make the meeting tonight.....Urghhhh.

8. Organics North

Organics North Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2009
    Wisconsin Northwoods
    I wish you luck! Looks like I am going to have to go through the same thing.
    ON

9. isitnaptime

May 12, 2010
    [​IMG] Tonight we find out!

10. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Is there any online newspaper poll or article we can comment/vote on? Always glad to help a fellow Wisconsinite - good luck!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by