Rocking eggs

Cookiejen

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 6, 2011
Moorpark, CA
How many days generally before the chicks hatch does the rocking start? I have a set started 1/8 and just went into lockdown tonight since they are technically due 1/21.. Just hope some arent a day our two older than I thought since they were with the hens..

I have an egg that has been rocking for a day now and still has not pipped. It's not an exact science, so I imagine every hatch is different.

i set some eggs on the 8th as well, today is day 20 so Sat 1/28 is day 21. depending on what time of the day you set them ( i set mine at midnight 1/8) they should be hatching before the 30th.

i have no rocking or pipping yet.

Thanks for the response! Can they rock for a few days before they hatch? I did my lock down on time but I'm worried some eggs needed it sooner.

Good luck naturespace!!! Glad to have a hatching co conspirator lol! I have witnessed movement by candling 2 days ago and rocking eggs since.no pips when I left for work.. I wanted to call in sick do I could stay glued to my bator lol! Keep me posted on your hatch :)

Back
Top Bottom