Rojo/ should i let her back with the others?

rooster lover 119

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
hey guys this is about Rojo again and she is doing good. for those of you who don't know i got a new chicken with lice and powdered her down and she has no more lice. she had a big feather loss but the only place she doesn't have feathers now is on her head. well its been almost three weeks since we got her and I put her with the other hens. immediately they started fighting so I broke them up and put Rojo back. my step dad said "let em' fight! they'll get over it and be friends!" so I went on here to ask you guys should i put her back or let her settle it with the hens. I have a rooster and Im sure he'll protect her? right?

here's pics of her so you can see her condition.

65075_picture_014.jpg

I would be surprised if the rooster protected her, but you never know about those fellas....

Have they been within sight of each other these weeks? It should help if you can give them some time seeing each other, hopefully. She will probably be at the bottom of the pecking order when you reintroduce her, whether they have been able to see/hear each other or not, an there will be some pecking. The critical thing is blood -- you'll have to let them peck, as long as they don't draw blood.

Back
Top Bottom