Roo Issues. Please help! I do not want it to get worse!

are you able to put the roo's where the girls cannot be seen or heard? so you can give the girls a few weeks off then let one male at a time

You didn't mention the Polish being aggressive in your original post. Ok, from what information you've provided, you are dealing with 2 roosters, entering adulthood, and hormonal. They've been establishing pecking order, the Polish is Alpha. He's also trying to get you to recognize him as Alpha, instead of the other way around. That's where I would start. Get the Polish under control. You might want to try the method Beekissed has recommended.

When you establish yourself as Alpha, and get the situation under better control, it will not hurt to rotate the roosters with the hens. I do it all the time, because of my breeding program, and they do fine with it.

So still young. Cockerels and young roosters can be a little wild, especially without an older one (or more!) to keep them in line.
I see!
are you able to put the roo's where the girls cannot be seen or heard? so you can give the girls a few weeks off then let one male at a time
I have the hens free ranging by themselves every day.
You didn't mention the Polish being aggressive in your original post. Ok, from what information you've provided, you are dealing with 2 roosters, entering adulthood, and hormonal. They've been establishing pecking order, the Polish is Alpha. He's also trying to get you to recognize him as Alpha, instead of the other way around. That's where I would start. Get the Polish under control. You might want to try the method Beekissed has recommended.

When you establish yourself as Alpha, and get the situation under better control, it will not hurt to rotate the roosters with the hens. I do it all the time, because of my breeding program, and they do fine with it.
I have been trying, but seeing as I think he is "special" the message does not get through...I used to kick him (I don't anymore) and he didn't even seem to feel or register the pain. He would just still go crazy.

Back
Top Bottom