Roo needs a safe house!

buff_the_rooster

Songster
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
New York
Seriously, We have a hen, she is in with a roo for mating reasons, but she keeps beating the poor guy up. She got his comb good and I cant get him to stop bleeding!
I have floured it, iced it, ...........
What do I do? He has blood dripping good, but it is only a small scrap in his comb!
She wont be going back in with him for his own well being!
Anyone, how do I get his comb to stop bleeding?

Okay, do you have cob webs anywhere, Take the cob webbs and apply to his comb, It should stop the bleeding.. You need a good handful, remove the spider first. This is in my emergency first aid for birthing goats.

Okay also you can apply blue Kote, but as long as the rooster is running around, it may continue to bleed for a while................

Hope this was helpful....

Be blessed and be a blessing.

you can basically apply any human med to a chickens wound. Hydro. Peroxide to clean and Neosporen to help stop bleeding. The stuff with pain relief will help with any pain he might have. I cut spurs off Buddy my Buff Orpington roo and they bled some. I put neosporen on it and he healed up just fine. Hope this helps

I have loads of cob webs! I use them for halloween but leave them up all year!
smile.png
lau.gif

OK I can try the cob web, we already tried the neosporan and other stuff, not joking my dau tried to put a band aid on him, that didnt go ver to well with him. He laid there all sweet and let her doctor him with everything else though! Biggest issue is he keeps trying to shake his head and then it goes everywhere!
I have never had a hen hurt a roo! Is this normal? Why would she do such thing? So off to find some webs!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom