MonkeyZero

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Modesto Ca
HI

I am forced to give away my roo due to too much crowing
hit.gif

So now my friend who has a few chickens will take it. My problem is what breed should I get since its a trade. My choices are:

RIR
EE
Wyandotte(I think silver laced)
And Barred Rock

What should I get? Who is best in winter? Who is smarter/kinder? Who will lay best?

Thanks Sindoora

RIR's and Barred Rocks are great Layers EE lay pretty eggs and wyndottes do well in winter they are all great choices sorry I couldnt help.

Hen

Can someone please answer the posted questions?

They are pullet I'll be getting just so others can know. They will be laying soon. Oh yeah, how will I introduce her to my younger pullet, who I've had for a long time(about 7-8 months). Will they fight. Will they be able to stay in the same coop
(link to pic of coop https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/v … 96&p=1 )

What should I get? Whatever you want

Who is best in winter? Out of the ones listed, probably a wyondotte due to the rose comb and large size

Who is smarter/kinder? No real set rule to this.

Who will lay best? I'll guess the RIR or barred rock based on what I read not experianced

how will I introduce her to my younger pullet, who I've had for a long time(about 7-8 months). Quarantine the new one for about a month. Then put him in a pen next your other ones for a week or so. Then put them in togather.

Will they fight. probably a little at first
Will they be able to stay in the same coop? probably if it is big enough for the amount of chikens you will have. Your link does not go to your coop pics.

Back
Top Bottom