Rooster attacked ducks eye!

I
Trust me, he will attack you. My poor dad (I'm 21 today woohoo!) broke his arm and the roo finally tried to attack him. He's arm was all cut up and WHAT DID I DO BUT GRAB A SHOVEL AND WHACK THE ROOSTER IN THE HEAD! We have a show quality one coming up anyway he needed to be sacrificed :plbb
I've had nice roos before. he actually is a cockerel bc he is over a year old but roo is so much easier to type out. he has matured and I never had a problem with him attacking me like I have had with previous ones.people can have nice roosters I've heard of people having lap roosters lol.but thanks for your input and I wish you the best for your roos.

This is looking much better! So far so good. I would wait until things heal a bit, but you will be able to check his eye for vision in another way. Keep him in the dark (maybe cover his head with a towel or something, then you quickly shine a bright flashlight in his eye. You should see the pupil contract/get smaller if it's working properly. You can try on his good eye first or try on a family member's eye, it will be pretty obvious pretty instantly.

This is looking much better! So far so good. I would wait until things heal a bit, but you will be able to check his eye for vision in another way. Keep him in the dark (maybe cover his head with a towel or something, then you quickly shine a bright flashlight in his eye. You should see the pupil contract/get smaller if it's working properly. You can try on his good eye first or try on a family member's eye, it will be pretty obvious pretty instantly.
Thanks for this idea..will try this out when his eye heals a little more I really think he can't see out of it right now bc when I reach to pick him up he moves late...when he is able to see he would be farther away from me if that makes sense...

I

I've had nice roos before. he actually is a cockerel bc he is over a year old but roo is so much easier to type out. he has matured and I never had a problem with him attacking me like I have had with previous ones.people can have nice roosters I've heard of people having lap roosters lol.but thanks for your input and I wish you the best for your roos.
Thanks! My show quality roo (we actually hatched him!!!) is the best he's at 19 weeks right now and he tried to mate with Cheeperton (the first chicken we ever hatched!) and he started crowing at 16 weeks and the roo I killed 2 days ago started crowing at 28 weeks and I have never seen him mate and he was 2 yrs old!!

Thanks! My show quality roo (we actually hatched him!!!) is the best he's at 19 weeks right now and he tried to mate with Cheeperton (the first chicken we ever hatched!) and he started crowing at 16 weeks and the roo I killed 2 days ago started crowing at 28 weeks and I have never seen him mate and he was 2 yrs old!!
Interesting you can kill a roo which can be pretty gory but can't look at my poor luckys eye didn't know I had to warn people because I wouldn't label his eye as gory but ill put it in the title

Don't know how well this will stay on

Attachments

• 1550602247080628005031.jpg
    1550602247080628005031.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom