rooster attacked my mother in law

Achickenwrangler#1

Songster
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
west virginia
So she wanted to see the hen house, and walked over with me while I collected the eggs for the day. I use deep litter straw and pine chips, and am quite proud of the fact that my husband built it predator proof out of rough cut poplar (yes, it is tight) So mother dear stands at the door and says, that's a snake pit...I'm like, ticked off, but all I say is - there are no snakes in here as I walk in barefeet. (maybe some chicken poop but that's it)
So I thought it alittle odd that the rooster followed us all the way to the house, but sometimes they all do, since I give them a handout once in a while, I put the eggs in the house while she decides to walk up the hill to the 'guest' house (forgoing the rock steps that I hammered in this spring with a rock hound hammer and trowel) which everyone else is suitably impressed with - outside I hear a scrream...
Your rooster attacked me! She says...clawed me and everything...confirmed it with my husband,,,(wished I had brought a treat) wow, I said, what did you do? Nothing, she says...my husband said - she crowed at it...
Why on earth did you crow at him?
Seems he crowed at her so she crowed back.
Well honey if you want to play rooster games you better grow some spurs, that rooster just won his place as never to be eaten, I always give him a special treat at lockdown time now..hahahahaha

HEHEHEHEHE, I'm sending my mother in law over right now!
lau.gif

I just need your address.......
gig.gif

Oh, sorry, no problem, just felt like sharing, maybe alittle on rooster behavior, and mother in laws. (maybe it was the bright white pants) ha ha, but I think it was just a good judge of character.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom